Chapter 21

Long time no see. I promised it wouldn't be too long until I updated again and this time I kept that promise woo. I went to the dentist and I couldn't feel half my face for like four hours and I had to go to guitar/piano lessons like that so that was fun. I'm also on vacation right now and I miss my dog.

I do need you guys to help me with something, it's just one little opinion. For the wattys, the story entered needs to meet certain criteria... Do you guys think this story (Claimed) is too detailed with anything sexual, or too detailed with anything related to self harm? ---> I just need opinions because I'm quite nervous that I messed up somewhere. Thank you if you answer this, it's very helpful.

That's it for now, see you at the end of the end of the chapter!

----

*Some parts might be slightly unrealistic but it helps with the rest of the story so bare with me*

---

The lights were so bright and the sirens so loud. I was still now, and my body felt heavy. Someone grabbed my hand.

--

What the hell is going on?

What's going on, where is she?

Where's Peyton?

Where's my daughter?

Shut up! *Beep, beep beep, beep* Is that a bomb? Help! Someone, I can't move!

--

What was that?

I am asleep.

--

Peyton please wake up.

--

It's cold in here. And bright.

"Peyton?" Warmth left my hand.

"Oh my god, Peyton!" Luke's face was above mine and he almost fell over in relief, eyes closing as he sighed and hugged me with only one arm on my waist.

I tried to sit up but he lightly pushed me back, and my arm felt heavy.

"I'll be back, I have to go tell someone you're awake."

"Hello Peyton, I'm Allison, I'll be your nurse while you're here." The girl was young, blonde, and was too happy. "Just gonna go over a few things with you, I'll ask you a few simple questions, and then I'll unfortunately have to hand you over to the police."

"The police?"

"They have to speak to us about the shooting." Luke grabbed my hand, he was sitting in the chair next to my bed, but as he spoke his words got slower. Everything came rushing back and I began panicking, and then the beeping got really fast, and my head started hurting more.

"It's okay." Luke squeezed my hand again and brought me back to this horrible reality.

"Alrighty, let's begin, shall we?" She looked to me for approval and I nodded. "Okay, so your medicine is obviously going to make you very tired, so that you should be aware of. Now onto your condition." She paused and flipped a page on her clipboard, sneaking a look at Luke and I and glancing at our intertwined hands. She began reading off the clipboard. "You are in stable condition, which is good because we had thought the bullet was a lot closer you your heart than it actually was. You did lose a bit of blood, and you had passed out before you arrived. The operation went well and the bullet was removed without any big problems, and you could be out in as little as two days, but we'd to keep you here for about four. Any questions?"