Chapter 62

Mona's POV

My entire body aches. I can't open my eyes...I kept reliving that tragic night of my escape. I have been beaten up non-stop when my uncle arrived. He wanted me to appoint him to be Iran's next Supreme Leader but I just couldn't do it. I can't live with that decision knowing how evil he is. He was enjoying my agony in every punch and kick that his men threw on my fragile and already-so-weak body. I couldn't remember how many times I lost consciousness. I was already prepared to die that night but God sent angels to rescue me.

I was about to lose consciousness again when I heard voices and banging outside the room. I heard several gunshots too which distracted my uncle and his goons. I took advantage of it, I had to get away before it's too late. I seemed to find new strength. When they turned their heads towards the door, some men attacked them and they all fell on the floor. Before they noticed me, I was already running as fast as I could towards the main door...without turning my head. The other goons were all lying on the floor unconscious so noone tried to stop me. I focused my eyes on the road and started running away from the cottage. I heard someone called my name but I did not stop nor try to turn my head. I needed to be far away from that cottage in case the goons awake.

I was running out of strength. My entire body aches and I was bleeding because of the cuts that my uncle happily did using his favorite knife. Before I fainted, I saw a glare of a car headlights. I waved and waved begging for help until I lost consciousness again. Before everything went dark, I saw Harry's sad face. He looked so real that it made me hope he was really there.

The pain in my body took me away from my thoughts. I groaned and forced myself to open my eyes. The room was too bright and it hurts my eyes so I closed them again. I can sense that I wasn't alone in the room so I slowly opened my eyes again, adjusting to the bright lights this time. When I completely opened them, I slowly looked around trying to figure out where I am. I am lying on what seemed to be a hospital bed. The room is all white and too bright for my liking. I moved my arms and I noticed the IVs attached on one of them. I looked towards it and that's when I saw Alex sitting on a chair. He seemed to be sleeping. So he was the one who rescued me....but how did he know where I was? Am I in Monaco right now? There's only one way to find out.

"Alex..." I called out but my voice was so low and raspy. He only heard me the second time I called out his name.

"Oh my God! Mona? You're awake...how are you feeling...I need to call the doctor..." he mumbled.

"I feel sore but it's okay...where am I? How did you find me?"

"Let's talk about this later, alright? I need to get the doctors so they'll know you're awake and they can check on you..."

"Noooo...please don't leave me alone in here...please Alex..."

I don't know what's gotten into me but I started crying like a little girl. Maybe it's the trauma again. I'm too scared to be alone.

"Ssshhhh don't cry...please don't cry gorgeous one. You're safe now...alright, I won't leave you alone in here...I'll ask one of my guards to get the doctors...they're just at the door...I'll just be at the door, alright? Just very quick..."

"Okay...don't take too long..." I said in between sobs.

All those fear when I was beaten up came rushing back and my body is trembling. I was about to start crying like crazy again when Dane came in with two cups of coffee. She ran to me when Alex told her that I am awake. She started crying and bombarded me with questions. It felt so good seeing her again.

"Where are we Dane?" I managed to ask.

"We're at a hospital in Monaco...Alex and his men were the one who found you. Why were you running away from them?"

"I didn't know it was them, I was too scared and I just really wanted to get as far away as I could from that cottage...my uncle was there with his goons Dane...they tortured me...I thought I wasn't going to get out of there alive...they're monsters!"

"I know...your uncle got away but Alex's men captured two of his goons. They're now being held secretly. Monaco's government nor England's could not charge them anything in here because you are not from here and you're still officially an Iranian heiress."

My heart sank. My uncle is still out there which means I'm still not safe. When will this ever end? I don't want to be an heiress. I never wanted to be. I just want to live a normal and peaceful life. Is that too much to ask?

"Are you hungry? I'll get you something to eat. What would you like?" Dane asked when I got quiet. I noticed Alex standing behind her quietly. I owe him my second life.

"Yeah...I can eat anything right now. I haven't eaten in days.." I said before forcing a smile. Dane smiled back and kissed my forehead before rushing out of the room to get food. I looked at Alex and his eyes are full of sadness and sympathy.

"Thank you, your highness, for saving my life.." I teasingly said to make him smile. He sat back to the chair and smiled.

"You know I'd do anything for you, gorgeous one...I'm sorry we didn't find you right away...when Harry called me, you were already gone for hours...I wish he could have told me earlier..."

"Harry called you? But...he's in Africa..."

"He was...but when Donald informed him of what happened to you, he flew back to England but when their authorities started their search, it was already late...they shut down the airport to prevent your abductor from leaving the country but the media found out and started spreading the news...that's when Harry called me to ask for help...fortunately, your kidnapper brought you here and when we sent out pictures of the van, someone saw it and told us where it went...I was soooo scared for you Mona...I've never been that scared my whole life..."

I was back to crying while listening to what he was telling me. I totally understand why Harry could not do much to help me. The queen would't let it and they don't want to get involve in my mess. But he still did something to help me. I know how he feels about me and Alex but he still asked him for help. He cared for me but how come he's not even here to check on me. Did I really pushed him away too hard? The thought made me cry even more.

"I'm sorry you had to go through this Mona...I wish I could have prevented it..."

"Alex...stop...you saved my life. Thank you so much. I will be grateful forever...I owe you big time...how can I ever repay you for this?"

"You repay me by taking good care of yourself and living your life to the fullest...be happy gorgeous one..."

Alex is no doubt a kind prince. I can't help but wish for my heart to choose him to fall in love with. I wish I can love him as much as I love Harry. But is there even a future for me and Harry? How can he let me be with Alex here in the hospital? Aren't he worried of my condition at all? Maybe he didn't love me anymore? Maybe he just felt guilty for what happened because they took my security that's why he tried to help me?

Ahhh these questions made my head throb!

***Don't forget to vote, comment, add this to your reading list, share to your friends and follow me for more upcoming stories. I am grateful for your support, loveys! ~Aireen