Chapter 22

Harry could not sleep no matter how exhausted he felt. He misses Mona so much. He was used of seeing her and talking to her everyday and this was the first time that he wasn't able to even hear her voice. He checked the time at his bedside table, it was already past midnight. He groaned and thought of calling Mona's apartment. He has been wanting to call her since he got home over an hour ago but he didn't want to wake her up but now he can't take it anymore. He knows he can't sleep without knowing if she's okay.

He dialed Mona's apartment number. It kept ringing but noone picked up. He got so annoyed and slammed the phone back to its place. He was about to lay down again when his eyes caught the white box that one of his securities handed to him earlier. He checked it and saw a note in there. It says 'Mona's mobile phone. - Hanna'. He took it and paced back and forth in the room. Finally, he changed into casual clothes and left the palace in his white tinted Porsche.

At Mona's apartment, Mona is in a better mood. When she woke up from her nap when she got home late afternoon, it was already midnight. Her stomach was rumbling so she decided to go to the kitchen and prepare something to eat. The entire apartment was so quiet which confirmed that she's the only one awake. She found it creepy that she felt alone in the huge apartment. In times like this and when she has this feeling, she has only one solution - music. So she took her useless mobile phone from the Philippines and took her earphones too. At least you've got any use left. She murmured, smiling, referring to her favorite songs that are saved in it.

When Something Just Like This started playing, her feet moved with the beat. She checked the fridge and found some lettuce, tomatoes and other greens so she decided to make a salad. She was singing along while preparing the food. Once she finished, she excitedly tasted the salad and smiled when it tasted just how she wanted it. She sat down on the dining table and ate, still listening to music through her earphones. 'Say You Won't Let Go' started playing and the memories of that night when they went to the bar in the Philippines came back. When she sang that song on stage and Harry was there smiling at her and when he mouthed 'I love you' to her...it was the happiest night of her life. She smiled at the thought.

She misses him even more. She felt bad for doubting him again earlier. Now she hoped his day went well and he gets enough rest. I hope he is sleeping well right now and not working anymore. She murmured. When she finished eating, she cleaned up her mess at the kitchen. Once done, she turned off the music and headed back to her room. She decided to read a book since she is not sleepy yet, she noticed a few at the shelf in her room. Just when she was about to open the door of her room, she heard the doorbell. She was startled and checked the time on her phone but noticed that she has not changed it to the country's time zone yet. Useless thing! She murmured again.

She sighed and nervously went to the door. Who would come here this late? She thought. She peeked at the small hole at the door first and froze when she saw Harry standing outside the door. He peeked again to make sure it's really him. Then she immediately opened the door and jumped at him. Harry was surprised and almost dropped the box he was holding when he catches Mona.

"Hey princess. I missed you so much. I couldn't sleep." Harry whispered while raining kisses on Mona's face. Mona closed her eyes and hugged him tight.

"I missed you too. It's miserable not being with you, babe." She whispered back while still hugging him. When they realized that they were outside, Mona pulled Harry inside.

"I'm sorry I haven't called you. I didn't have your assistant's number and Donald was here with Dane and I couldn't reach his phone...Hanna was being a bitch..."

"Sssshhhh...you're here now. I love you so much, Harry."

"I love you more, my Moonlight."

"Come here! Oh what's in that box?" Mona hugged him again and pulled him to her room when she noticed the white box that Harry was holding.

"My lame excuse for coming here this late." Harry said laughing. He handed the box to her.

"Oh...is this my active mobile phone?" Mona asked excitedly because now she can finally communicate with Harry when they get really busy.

"Yes my love. Now we can communicate and tell each other how our days are going and yesterday will not happen again."

"You promise?"

"I promise sweetheart. It's so miserable not being with you or hearing your voice. You got me so addicted to you."

"Oh yeah? Well...you did the same to me, my prince! I was miserable the entire day."

"Oh I am dying to know how your day went!"

They sat at the balcony in Mona's room talking about how their day went. Mona's giggles are like music in Harry's ears. They came back inside the room after an hour or so and cuddled up on the bed. Harry told Mona about how he told his parents about their relationship.

"Are they upset?" Mona asked, worry is all over her face. Harry kissed her again when he noticed it.

"My dad and sister are so excited to meet you, sweetheart. They are very happy for us." Harry answered with a huge smile on his face.

"And your mother?" Mona asked, still worried.

"My mother is a different story. I already told you how she is...and her point of views...She didn't take it as enthusiastic as dad and Aura." Harry said sadly. Mona felt bad, she doesn't like seeing Harry sad.

"She didn't approve of me huh?"

"It's not like that, sweetheart. Once you meet her, you'll know what I mean."

"Now, I'm more nervous to meet her."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart."

"It isn't your fault, babe. Don't say that. I'm very excited to meet your dad and sister tho."

"You will meet them on Saturday, princess. You will love Aura. I'm sure of that."

"This Saturday? Is that the ball that Hanna was talking about while we were still in the plane?"

"Yes sweetheart. The charity ball that my mother is hosting. It will be your first socials at the palace and our first formal appearance together."

"Should I be worried? I mean, what do I have to do, babe?"

"Be my date? That's all you will have to do. Ignore the press. They will be all over us but I will make sure, you won't have to deal with them, okay? Nothing to worry."

"Alright." Mona said before snuggling at Harry. Harry loved Mona's scent. It relaxes him and whenever he's around her, he felt home, which is why, finally, he is feeling sleepy.

"Sweetheart?" Harry whispered sleepily.

"Hmmmm babe?" Mona answered in her sleepy voice too.

"Would it be okay if I stay for the night? I don't think I could drive back to the palace. I'm so sleepy now." Harry murmured.

"I'd love that babe. I get to sleep in your arms?" Mona whispered.

"And I get to sleep hugging you?" Harry whispered back.

Just like that, they dozed off.