23 - one step beyond

a few years pass by.

it's the summer.

"please be safe okay? i trust jungkook, have fun alright? did you find out where he's taking you?" a lady's voice bursts from jimin's phone.

"not yet, mom. he's keeping it a secret. as always." jimin chuckled, and then his mom did too.

"alrighty. take pictures! i'm sure whatever he's planning is going to be beautiful. besides, you guys are flying to jeju! it's going to be so pretty, i'm jealous." his mom said through the phone.

jimin then feels a tap on his shoulder.

"baby, we have to board." jimin looked at him, then nodded.

"mom, i have to go. jungkook just told me our plane wants us to board." jimin said with a soft voice.

"alright, have a safe flight okay? call me or text me when you get there. muah."

"yes mom. i love you~" jimin smiled, starting to stand up and pulled up his handle of his luggage.

"i love you too~!" she then ended the call, and he slipped his phone into his hoodie pocket.

he looked at jungkook after he put his phone away. his hair was styled, where his forehead was showing. he was wearing a coat and round glasses. he looked so superior and high class, compared to jimin who was wearing just a regular hoodie and sweats.

he looked way grown up.

well, he was 20 now, and jimin was 22.

"ready?" jungkook asked, smiling. he then grabbed jimin's left hand and continued to show a big smile.

once they got into the plane, jungkook offered to put away jimin's bags away (since he was considered the strong one), and then took a seat next to jimin.

"you really won't tell me where in jeju you want to take me, huh?" jimin asked, pouting. jungkook shook immediately.

"agh, you're no fun!" jimin crossed his arms, and jungkook leaned to give him a kiss on the cheek.

"if i tell you, i'll ruin the surprise. we have about two and a half hours until we get to jeju. be patient~!" jungkook said, and then pulled his phone out.

jimin grabbed his phone, and started to clean out his camera roll so he can take photos at jeju island.

until he came across one that made him smile so hard. jungkook saw him and looked at jimin's phone.

it was a photo of jungkook from graduation day.

"jesus, i'm so lucky to be in love with you right now

"jesus, i'm so lucky to be in love with you right now." jimin smiled so hard, and leaned onto jungkook's shoulder, looking through more photos.

" jimin smiled so hard, and leaned onto jungkook's shoulder, looking through more photos