13 - the truth

a/n: i really love this song, listen to it while reading, but read the lyrics after :)

tissue warning.

jungkook couldn't help but feel like suffocating. he felt his heart break into tinier pieces little by little. he couldn't breathe.

"why is h-he in the hospital!? what happened after i left the party? TELL ME!" he grabbed taehyung's collar, tears running down his face.

"HE'S SICK JUNGKOOK! he's been sick ever since the start of 8th grade with iron-deficiency amenia. he didn't tell you yet?" he asked jungkook.

jungkook felt a sickening feeling inside his stomach. he felt like throwing up his insides.

"that..." jungkook's voice faded, remembering what happened before the start of jimin's party.

"JUNGKOOK, CAN YOU PLEASE JUST UNDERSTAND THAT I DON'T WANT TO TELL YOU!" 

jimin's voice echoed in his head, remembering how much jimin was crying.

he was in pain, and he didn't even know.

"i think he was going to tell me before the party, but he didn't want too..." jungkook couldn't help, but fall to the ground, his arms shaking, feeling numb. he saw the enveloped letter he was supposed to give jimin in his hands, but seeing it made him feel much more worse inside.

"i knew he wouldn't tell you." he heard from taehyung.

jungkook immediately got up and looked into taehyung's dark eyes.

"what do you mean by that!?" jungkook's voice became instantly hoarse, his head was spinning harshly.

"he didn't want to tell you because he was scared. he didn't want you to get worried. he constantly texts me asking what would you think. i thought he told you, because he said he would, but knowing him he never tells things to people so they wouldn't feel hurt or backlashed. he would usually come to me for support..." taehyung said in a straight voice, but jungkook started to see tears well up in his eyes.

"just... tell me what happened at the party..." jungkook looked down, his bangs covering his eyes but the streams of the wet tears were visible while running down his cheeks. he felt so broken.

taehyung took a deep breath before speaking.

"in his backyard, there's a pool. his "friends", who he was talking to the whole entire time, thought it would've been a smart idea to throw him into the pool. of course, it's a stupid idea, right? he doesn't know how to swim and he nearly drowned. this was a few minutes after you left the house. i noticed him, and dived into the pool to try to get him out of there. his friends just stood there not saying anything like complete idiots. i never even liked them anyways, and i always told him they weren't trustworthy, but he just didn't want to listen to me. jimin started to hyperventilate when i got him out of there, and when he tried to stand up, he immediately fainted. this sickness causes the loss of breath because since he doesn't have enough iron in his body, and without iron he can't produce a lot of red blood cells that help with oxygen and breathing. he found out he had it about two years ago, but the symptoms weren't showing up strongly until about a few months back. his mother found a full bottle of iron nutrients in his room and thought he has been taking them, but he wasn't. he has fainted before and the doctors told him to take iron nutrients to recover faster and to regain back iron to produce more red blood cells ever since he was diagnosed with it, but apparently he hasn't been taking them frequently, which caused him to get more sicker. he even hyperventilates at times. he's been in a coma for about a week, and honestly... he probably won't make it. his phone died while he was pushed in the pool because he had it in his pocket, so that's why he couldn't get your texts because they couldn't deliver."