8 - blossom

jimin and jungkook arrive at the bridge, and all jungkook sees is clear water below him and many trees and lily pads floating on the river. jimin continues to pull jungkook's sleeves and they stand in the middle of the bridge.

"isn't it beautiful here? it's so peaceful and no one really is around." he spoke. jungkook began to look around. it looked like the shopping center wasn't even near it. there wasn't an open road nearby and the sound of cars passing by was inaudible. 

"how did you find this bridge? you said your house was nearby?" jungkook asked, and jimin nodded slowly.

"yea. i usually take walks around my neighborhood, and i just remembered myself walking into this nice, quiet place. i never really told my mom or little brother about it." he explained.

"you have a little brother?" jungkook asked curiously.

"yea, sometimes he can be a pain, but he's my brother, i love him." jimin rests his head onto his arms, where his soft blonde hair falls in front of his eyes. jungkook begins to look at him, feeling warmer on the inside.

"i wish i was the oldest. i have an older brother. he can be annoying too, but i go to him for advice and what not. he was really the only one who cared for me when i was really shy and closed out." jungkook didn't look away and just kept on looking at jimin with doll like eyes.

"why were you that closed out and shy if you don't mind me asking?" jimin looked at jungkook and straightened himself up.

"oh, it's a long story, but i had a really close friend named kangdae who hurt me deeply. it was something that affected me really bad that it had gotten to my mental health. i spoke about it to my mom when i noticed myself vastly change, and took me to a therapist. i started taking some therapy, but apparently my mom believed i'd get better without it and told me to talk to my brother for the time being instead. he tried his best, but it sort of didn't feel right. i tried my best to be happy so i can please my mom, but it was really difficult for me. she noticed my behavior was the same and asked if there was something wrong because to her, she thought everything was alright, and i just said i couldn't really talk to the other people in my school. she said that i was going to move schools and i then i met you." jungkook didn't really notice himself say the last few words, that jimin got startled a bit.

"met me? am i that special?" jimin chuckled a bit, and jungkook began to turn beet red. he didn't mean to say that!

"w-well, uh i mean... nevermind..." jungkook looked away from embarrassment, and he heard jimin laugh right next to him. jungkook smiled softly.

why am i so awkward, i just want to slap myself oh my god. jungkook thought to himself.

there was now more awkward silence between them.

"are you still friends with um, taehyung? is that his name?" jungkook asked to start a new conversation.

"yes! we're still best friends. i trust him a lot." jimin explained. jungkook gave a smile and kept on looking at jimin.

you're really handsome. he thought to himself.

jungkook, what the hell are you thinking???

"i know these are random questions, but why a paper airplane?" jungkook suddenly brought up.

"what do you mean?" jimin began to fidget with his fingers.

"why do you make them when your bored? i know when people are bored, they doodle or draw random things on their notebooks, but you create paper airplanes." he asked.

jimin smiled and straightened up from leaning in to see the water below.

"they're just really fun. a doctor... when i was young taught me how to make them, and ever since then, it just really began to become a 'bored' hobby to me." jimin gave a weak smile to jungkook, and he walked closer to him, but tilted his head to look back to the water.