Chapter eighteen

Serena:

I couldn't cope with Alison's death. I felt a gap inside me. I have already missed her. I know that we hadn't seen each other for a long time but I knew that she was safe away from her Father. This is different. I didn't even have the chance to thank her for my rescue and to talk to her about my new life.
Adrian was near me the whole time. He was worried about me. I didn't eat, didn't cry and I didn't speak to anyone. I wanted to be alone, to think.
I'm a white wolf and I'm supposed to be more powerful than the other wolves. But all this years I'm the weakest!

That's it! I can't live in the fear of hurting! I want to be free and that's what I'm going to do!

I got out of bed and went outside the pack house. I shifted and started spreeding through the woods. I need to improve my physical condition. I must have been running for hours cause my paws were aching.

'Serena were are you?' Adria mind-linked me.

'I went for a run.'

'Are you feeling okay?'

'Why not?'

'Serena are you sure you are feeling okay? I'm starting getting worried about your mental health..'

'I'm fine. I will explain everything when I return home.' I blocked him out and followed the path that leads to the pack house.
When I was outside of the pack house I shifted back and wore the clothes that I had hidden behind a tree before my run. I went straight in our room but I didn't saw Adrian inside. He wasn't at the bathroom either, so I went to take a shower. I filled the tub with hot water and got in. I let the warmth of the water to relax every muscle of my body and I finally let myself to breath without any worry in my head. I heard the door of the bedroom open and I knew that Adrian was back from his duties.

"Serena, are you here?"

"In the bathroom!"

He walked in and a evil smirk appeared on his face.

"Stop looking!" I said and blushed.

"It isn't something that I hadn't seen before."

"Come on! Get out!"

"Are you sure that you don't want me to join?"

"Of course I am!"

"Ok but don't think that you would get away that easily. I will wait in the bedroom." He said and finally got out of the bathroom. I don't want to avoid him but I need to explain my actions and do whatever it takes to protect me, my mate and my pack.
I put a towel around my body and got out of the bathroom. I find him laying on the bed with only his boxers on.

God!! Why are you doing this to me!!

I sat on the foot of the bed and looked at him.

"Well...I wanted to announce to you my decisions. I won't stay here and cry all day like before. I will fight for my freedom and protect myself. I'm not a little girl anymore and I know how to defend myself as I was raised by an Alpha. I want you to teach me some more advanced fight position and I would do whatever it takes to improve my physical condition."

He was looking at me in complete shock. I have to admit that he looks cute when he is surprised.

"Please say something.." I whispered.

"That's amazing!" He finally said. I smiled brightly and he stood up from bed and hugged me tightly. "Now...can we go back to the shower?"

"Together?" I asked innocently but I know exactly what he means.

"If you want you can go first but without this tiny towel around your body.." His smile was evil.

"You wish." I said and run in the bathroom with him following me from behind.

I love this man.