Chapter fourteen

Adrian:

"Mum she is sleeping now!" I said.

"Then wake her up! I want to she your mate!"

"When she wakes up you will see her! That's final!"

"But-" She started to say but my father stopped her.

"No. I haven't spoken all this time but you need to stop! The girl is sleeping and of course she does because it's 6:47!" He finally ordered her. I sighed with relief.

"Ok Lance!" She said and frowned.

"Son go and take care of your mate. Me and your mother will wait for her to wake up and meet her."

"We treat her like a queen..." My mon whispers and made me growl.

"What did you say honey?" My father asked and made her shut up. "Perfect!" He nobbed me to get inside my room and I left them argue. I announced to my parents that I have found my mate some days later she moved to the pack house with me. I told them to come and see her when she would have completely heal and they paid us a visit today. My mother is very talkative and overprotective. She want me to be happy. On the other side, my father is silent and trusts my opinions but when mom becomes overwhelming, he stops her.

I lay on the bed and put my hand around Serena's waist and she put her head on my chest. I fell asleep feeling her warm body on mine...

************************************

"What do you mean your parents are here?!" Serena shouted.

"My parents want to meet you and they came here."

"God give me strenght! And If they don't like me?!"

"Of course they would like you! You are perfect!"

"You say that because you are my mate! I think I can't breath!"

"Calm down please. I don't want you to pass out." I said and started to worry.

"I'm not so good on greeting people.."

"Don't you say that again. My parents are good people and they won't judge you for anything!"

"You expect me tell about my past?!"

"Sort of...But If my mother dares and insults you, we will leave."

"Where are we going?"

"To a restaurant in the city."

"Out of the territory?!"

"Yeah. It's okay, don't worry."

"When I'm with you I don't worry."

She is perfect! My wolf told me.

I know! I responded.

"Go get ready and I'll wait you downstairs."

"Ok. See you soon."

Serena:

I can't meet his parents! What If they don't like me?! What If his mother wants to learn more about my past! I don't want to think that they would judge my life. I have suffered for a long time and now I'm finally happy again! That's it! I won't speak much about myself and when they do me a question that I don't want to answer, I would let Adrian explain.

I went to the wardrobe and pick skiny jeans and a loose T-shirt. I wore my black heels and I tied my hair in a messy bun. I went downstairs and found Adrian sitting on the sofa. When he saw me, his mouth opened with surprise. I approached him and touched his jaw gently and he 'came back to earth'. I laughed. We walked together to the car and we got inside. Adrian drove for half an hour and he parked the car out of an expensive restaurant. When we got in the restaurant we saw an old couple sitting at the corner.

"Are they your parents?"

"Yes. Don't worry they will love you i'm sure!"

We approached the table and his parents instantly got up to greet us.
His mother was about 55 years old and she had his beautiful green eyes. His father was about the same age as his mother and he looked exactly like Adrian except his blue eyes, they seem to be good people. His mother hugged him and then me she looked like a very sweet mother that loves her son. His father was more formal he just greeted me.

"Mom Dad this is Serena my mate. Serena this is my father Lance and my mother Barbara."

"Nice to meet you dear." His father told me

"My God. She is beautiful." His mother squealed and I blushed.

"Thanks..."

"So, let's sit!" Adrian said. We all sat and ordered the food.

"How old are you darling?" His mother started questioning me.

"I'm 19 years old." I said gently.

"Which pack are you from?"

"I'm from the Black Fire Pack." When I say that name, bad memories come to my mind. But I look at Adrian, I forget everything and I focus to make him happy.

"That's far from here. How do you guys met each other?"

"Barbara don't be so curious!" Mr. Lance told her.

"Why? She doen't have secrets!" I played with my hair nervously.

"It's fine..I don't mind telling about my past.." I lied. Adrian looked at me with disbelief. He knows me better than this.

"It's a long story mom. We will tell you another time." He told her and I sighed with relief.

"And why you didn't want us to visit you son? You told us that she needed to heal! From what?!" She shouted and some people around us looked at her.

"Barbara stop!" Mr. Lance ordered her.

"No! I want to learn what's going on here!"

"Mum that's enough!" Adrian shouted at her. I wanted to cry. I wanted to be alone for the first time in a long time. But something inside my soul told me to scream, to defend myself! I stood up and at Adrian's mother.

"Look, my life in my previous pack was a mess! And I escaped to survive so I won't cry or suffer anymore! I had enough! It's time to defend myself and become what I was before my abuse! And you won't destroy what Adrian and I have made all this days!" I walked out of the restaurant. I wanted to shift. My wolf was becoming more and more furious. I heard Ms. Barbara tells Adrian that I disespected her but Andian and Mr. Lance shouted at her and she shut finally up. I went deeply in the forest and let my wolf take control. I shifted in my white wolf and I heard footsteps behind me. I saw Adrian being next to me. He came closer and he stroked my head. I put my snout under his shirt and smelt him.

"I'm so sorry Serena for what my mother said." He told me.

Don't worry. It wasn't your fault. I mind-linked him.

"Let's go home. But you need to shift back first." He left me alone and I shifted back. I wore my clothes and went in the car.

"You were so brave back there."

"I don't know. Something changed inside me. I found my courage to defend myself." I responded.

"I love you so much, you know."

"I love you too, red head!" I said.

"Not another nickname!" He said with a smile.

"When you get angry your head becomes red!" I said and bursted into laughing. He started driving and I fell asleep while I was listening to the radio...