Chapter sixteen

Serena:

Girls I will stop for a moment. Don't stop for me. I will keep you up. I told them.

Is everything okay? Sarah asked.

Don't worry, I just got tired.

Ok. See you then.

I stop running and waited until they were far away from me. I focused on my senses. I heard footsteps from behind me. I turnt around and saw a black wolf approaching me. I took a step back. I growled at him and he showed me his teeth.

Sweet little Serena...I'm so happy to see you again. The man told me.

Don't worry, you won't be happy for a long time. I said and took the right position to attack him.

I saw that you found a new pack. Alpha James is so disappointed of you.

Shut up Beta! I screamed.

He will come and take you back. I promise. He said and smiled. I heard footsteps from behind. Beta immediatly ran and got out of the territory. Ashley and Sarah came near me.

Are you alright? You weren't coming and we believed that something bad happened to you! Ashley screamed in the mind-link.

I'm okay. Let's go home. I'm just tired.. I lied. I didn't want to tell them what happened. It's my problem after all. If I see him again, I will kill him without second thoughts. We walked to the house and shifted back. I didn't speak on the whole way. I was deep in thoughts. He will come... his words stuck in my mind. I couldn't believe it! I was so happy with Adrian and my stupid previous pack wanted to destroy my happyness! Ashley shouts snapped me from my thoughts.

"Why aren't you shifting?" She asked. I noticed that they were in their human form and they had wore their clothes. I nobbed and went behind a tree. I shifted back and put my clothes on. I went near them and we all got inside the house. I waved at them and went upstairs. Adrian wasn't in the room for my relief. I got undressed and went in the pathroom. I filled the tub with hot water and got in. I let the water calm my body and I forced my mind to find a good plan to prevent Alpha James from destroying my future. I heard the door open and I knew that it was Adrian.

"Serena are you back?"

"I'm in the bathroom!"

"Ok. When you are ready please come put. I want to talk to you!"

"Yeah..." After ten minutes I got out of the tub and dressed up. I went out of the bathroom and saw Adrian laying on the bed.

"So, what did you want to say?" I asked. He approached me and put his hands on my cheeks.

"Our home is ready!" He said with a wide smile.

"Oh..that's great.."I responded. My voice was like a whisper. He looked in my eyes with curiosity. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"N-nothing..w-why are you t-thinking that something is w-wrong?" I stuttered.

"If you don't tell me, I can't help you." He eyes softened.

"Ok..I saw someone.."

"Who?"

"The Beta of my previous pack..."

"What was he doing here?!"

"He came to...to tell me that Alpha James will come back for me..." I broke. I started crying with all I had. I couldn't stop it. Adrian hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"Shhh..everything will be okay. He won't take you. I'm here to protect you." I looked at him. "You will do this for me?" I asked him. "Of course! You are my mate for god's sake!"

"Thank you...You are the first person that support me and truly love me.."

"It's the least I can do for my life's light!" He said and kissed my nose. I pressed my fingers in his hair and he wiped my tears.

Adrian:

We lay on the bed together until she fell asleep. I walked slowly out of the room and headed to the Alpha's office. I knocked twice and when I heard him allow me to enter I opened the door and went inside.

"Adrian! What do you want kid?" He asked politely.

"I have a problem Alpha."

"What problem?" He immediatly got serious.

"Do you remember that jerk, Alpha James who tried to sell Serena?"

"Of course! No one can forget that piece of shit!"

"Correct. When she went for a run with her friends, his Beta came in our territory and threatend my mate!" He growled slightly.

"And what did he wanted?!"

"He said that this fucking asshole that he calls Alpha wanted to take her back!"

"No way!?"

"It's true. And before Serena could react, he had left!"

"Don't worry Adrian. He would not take Serena! She is my pack member and it's my responsibility to protect her, after you of course.."

"Thank you Alpha. I knew that I can count on you." And with that words I left from his office. I would anything to make sure Serena is safe. He won't take her from me and that's a promise!