xiv. Leaving

' No I didn't lose my mind. It got scared and ran away. '

By the time Corey woke up again she was thoroughly done with the whole passing out thing. Her head was pounding and she wasn't one hundred percent sure where she was.

The sound of water dripping and the chatter near her was enough to make the dehydrated girl open her eyes as she turned, her body screaming in agony as she found herself now on the top level of the dropship, Octavia entering as Clarke tried to clean the now bloodied and bruised grounder.

"Hey, look I need to clean this." Clarke tried to persuade as the Grounder continued to deny her help, pulling away mutely whenever she tried to clean his wounds.

"Here, let me try." Octavia suggested as she approached the two, no one seeing Corey was awake as the grounder calmed down, letting Octavia treat his wounds as he stared at her.

"I never wanted him to get hurt Octavia," Clarke tried to reason as Corey ground her teeth, pushing herself up as the grounders gaze turned to her, Corey not taking any notice as she stared at her cousins back, hopping she hadn't had anything to do with the mans troubling physical state "You have to know that. I just wanted to save Finn." 

Corey looked away from her cousin in mild disgust, unhappy that she'd had any part in brutally beating someone. She met the gaze of the grounder once again as she gave him a questioning look, hoping to portray her want to know if he was alright. To her own shock and delight she received a slight nod in reply, neither of the other girls noticing the small exchange.

"For the record, you didn't save Finn that was me." Octavia stonily replied "But," She sighed "Whatever you wanna tell yourself to feel better."

"Tell me you didn't do that to him." Corey suddenly spoke up causing both girls to jump as they turned to her, Clarke's features brightening before she saw the angered look on her cousins face.

"Corey I had to --" Clarke began but quickly stopped herself, knowing that even though the younger blonde could get easily angered and lash out with physical violence, she despised people trying to justify their acts of abuse and murder. Something she'd inherited from both her parents.

"You had to?" Corey seethed as she glared at Clarke furiously "You had to beat someone who saved my life? So that what? You could save the boy who you fucked and then found out he was already screwing someone else?" She ground out causing Clarke flinched at her tone.

"That's not fare Corey." Clarke weakly defended.

"Just go." The younger Griffin replied evenly stopping Clarke as she went to protest "Get out of here, I don't want you around if your going to try and justify what you did, or what you helped someone else do." She scoffed "What happened to 'This is not who we are' Cousin." She spat.

"There's fresh water over there," Clarke sighed as she began to make her way over to the ladder, knowing there was nothing she could say until Corey calmed down "I'll get someone to bring you food up in a while." She trailed off before leaving hastily.

There was silence for a minute before Corey began to stand, groaning as she realised how much pain the simple act caused. Both Octavia and the grounder protested, the latter with a grunt of indignation as the brunette tried to stop her friend verbally.

"I'm fine stop fussing." She muttered with a roll of her eyes "A few broken ribs didn't stop me before and it sure as hell won't now." Corey sassed as she grabbed the cup and filled it with water. Taking a sip before she looked up at the grounder -- who was staring at Octavia -- in consideration.