16. Dont leave me

I stop playing and take the sheet of music off the stand and hand it to Harry.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to go through your stuff. I just.." he takes the sheet off me and places it back on the stand.

"I don't mind, I liked listening to you play it. It's the first time I've heard it and you made it beautiful" he squeezes next to me on the stool and I can feel the coolness from his body.

"I didn't. you did, your writing is beautiful, does it have lyrics?" I play on the keys while waiting for his reply.

"Kind of, I mean it's not finished yet"

"Oh ok. Well what's the song about?" I tap around the keys.

"You" he breathes.

I stop playing and turn to look at him, he's got a cheeky smile the one that melts me like a candle.

"Me?!" What could he possibly write about me.

He nods his head and runs his eyes over my face.

"You" he says low in a husky voice. That makes me shiver. I need to know what the lyrics say about me, what he thinks of me.

"Can I hear it?" I fold my hands in my lap playing with my fingers.

"One day" he leans in closer and plants a soft cold kiss on my cheek and it makes me blush.

"What are you doing to me? This will never work but I'm finding it hard to comes to terms with it" I whisper I forget my mums in the next room.

"I told you and you promised me you wouldn't fall in deep" he sighs and runs his hands through his hair.

"I'm sorry, I should of never showed myself to you. I should of never let it get like this" he looks down at my hands, gives them a little squeeze and stands up.

"What? Please don't leave me" I beg I watch his face screw up in pain. He can't leave me, what if I never see him again? I wouldn't be able to cope without ever seeing him.

"Holly?" The door opens and I blink to find Harry gone with no sign he was ever here apart from his music still on the stand.

"Don't. leave. me." I whisper under my breath.

"Hols" my mum softly repeats I look up at her and she's standing by the door.

"Can I come in?" She's closing the door behind her so I take it, it wouldn't matter what i said. She walks over and sits on the chair where harry was sitting.

"Fancy that chat now?" She crosses her legs and leans back in the huge comfy chair.

I roll my eyes at her to say of course I don't want to chat but I know she's going to sit there and make me listen to whatever bullshit she's got to say. I've always been closer to my dad I don't know why it's just the way it's always been.

"I want you to tell me what's going on with you? I want to be able to be here for you" I can see the sadness in her eyes. I know she's always wanted to be closer to me.

"Mum I'm fine, it's nothing I can't handle. She's just a bully and she'll get bored soon and if she doesn't I promise I'll tell you but for now I just want to keep my head down and try and make new friends here" I keep my head down as I don't know if eye contact will start the water works.

I close the lid on the piano hoping she will notice that I'm wanting to end this conversation with her.

"I worry about you, you're my daughter and I want you to be happy. You use to always be happy and right now I know you're not, is there anything else playing on your mind other than his horrid girl" she sits up and leans closer to me so I can't avoid her. I know she's not going to let me leave without getting the outcome she's looking for.