23. Im a lucky man

Do you like it when I add music to the chapters? I didn't know if you'd like to know what music I imagine for certain parts of the chapter?

I take a bite of the dinner my mum has placed in front of me, I've not eaten well for the time I stayed in hospital and I've lost a bit of weight. I welcome some decent home cooked food. My dad has gone back to London for a few days to cover some shifts for another surgeon so it's just me and my mum.

"I've spoken to the head master at school and we will try a morning at school on Monday see how you go" she takes a sip of her wine.

I think of returning to school and dread comes over me, I'll be the talk of the place, drama I just don't need right now.

Red bitch is still attending school because some how she has an alibi to say she wasn't near me at the time I was stabbed and it's my word against all her friends. They have moved her from my classes and put her elsewhere but that doesn't stop her from seeing me throughout the day. I could of taken it further and took her to court but I just don't want to deal with the weeks of fighting a case that I will lose.

"Ok, I guess" I murmur. I've suddenly lost my craving for food and place my knife and fork down. "I'm finished" I say as I push my chair away from the table.

"Holly" my mum looks up at me from her wine "eat your dinner" she's stern.

"Mum I'm not in the mood, please don't fight me" I stand up and settle my chair underneath the table. "I'm going to play for a while" I walk out the room before she can say anything, I can hear her murmur something that I couldn't quite catch.

I play the piano for a few hours, I've missed this, just loosing myself in endless music. I feel I haven't played for months I've been so distracted by Harry and everything at school. I'm interrupted by my mum walking into the room and sitting down on the chair.

I carry on playing my song before I look over to her and signal that I'm ready for her to talk.

She nods her head and shifts herself closer to me "I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon with Doctor Horan. He's done me a huge favour and slipped you in last minute"

I sigh hoping she wouldn't actually go through with it, I don't want to speak to this doctor. I don't need someone to talk to when I have Harry. He is all I need and I don't know why I can't be left alone who am I bothering even if he was made up?

"Yeah" I turn back around and start a new song which blocks my mum out and I see her out the corner of my eye shake her head and leave the room. I know I'm pushing her out but I just don't want to let her in she won't understand.

I have a bath later and settle down in my room watching tv, when I was in hospital my dad finished my room and put my tv up on the wall, finally it feels like my bedroom.

My mum goes to bed early and I know she'll be a deep sleeper tonight as I saw two empty bottles of wine on the kitchen side. I look at the time and it's ten pm, I'm meeting Harry at midnight so I decide to slowly get ready to save myself laying in bed and drifting off to sleep.

I sit at my make up table and curl my hair it falls in soft curls down my back. I do my make up softly with pinks and nudes and apply some fake lashes. It takes me an hour just slowly getting myself ready and once I'm finished I look in the mirror at my self and I'm pleased with the outcome, all the nights of watching YouTube videos has paid off.

I get my dress out my wardrobe and hold it up, I have memories of my last school when I wore this dress. Me and Jess spending the night laughing, drinking and messing around. We went back to Aaron's house and all stayed over drinking and hanging out. I smile at my best friends Jess and Aaron I must text them soon see if they want a catch up.