43. White Room

This chapter is 24 hours on from the last one😘

I stand in front of a white door and take a large exhale and close my eyes. I'm not sure what I'll find behind this door but I'm ready. I've been standing here for ten minutes and think back to just five hours ago sitting in the car with Aaron as we drive back to my house.

I reach for the door and grab the brass handle and slowly open it hearing the heavy door creek open. I walk through and close the door behind me. I'm standing in a familiar room it's walls are white the floor is white. There are no windows and only one door into this room which is the one I came through.

I take a step and find myself alone. I close my eyes for a moment and when I re open them I see him. With his back facing me I know who it is from the brown messy hair and his broad shoulders. He is wearing a smart suit. I look down at myself and I'm wearing a long flowing white dress it reminds me of a wedding dress I run my hands down the soft silk fabric and look back up to him.

"Harry?"

I watch as he slowly turns around in one hand he is holding a beautiful bouquet of white roses but that's not what catches my attention it's what he's holding in his other hand which leaves me breathless and I slowly feel myself falling to the floor. I rest my head in my hands and start to weep.

"Go and see mummy. She's missed you"

I hear him put her down and I instantly recognise the sound of her bell jingling as she runs in my direction. I lift my head up and catch her in my arms and hold her close.

"Pebbles" I bury my face into her soft coloured fur and listen to the sound of her purring. She nuzzles into me with her head. After composing myself I see Harry's shoes standing in front of me. I look up at him and take his reached out hand and stand up. His warm hand holds onto me tight and his other hand strokes my face. The warmth is a welcome want. Pebbles is weaving in and out of our feet as we pull each other into a kiss. A beautiful kiss it's warm and real. I can taste his every drop. I can't hold back the tears. I've never cried so much happy tears in my life. Out of pain and finally at peace with the man I love.

"I love you more than you would ever believe" he pulls away and rests his head on my neck and breaths in my smell.

"I've been waiting for this day ever since I met you. Are you mad at me?"

"No of course not. It's different now. You belong here with us all"

"All?"

I forgot my parents are here. I need to see them. I need to explain everything I just hope they aren't disappointed in me.

"Yes everyone who has been waiting for you. They'll be here soon. They just wanted to give us time together"

I nod and hold on to Harry never wanting to let him go. I stand and look around the plain room. Is this where we stay now forever?

Harry sees me looking around "this isn't it now. We will move on it's just this is a great place to come to terms with everything and to connect with people who have been waiting. Let's sit down"

I look over to the end of the room and a large sofa has appeared so we make our way over to it and sit down. Cuddling into each other with Pebbles sitting next to us.

"She's been waiting for you" Harry leans into me.

The thought of Pebbles waiting day after day for me to arrive kills me. I wish she could understand what happened to her. I wish I could tell her I'm sorry and that I should of been there for her. But she won't understand that. All she understands is I'm here now and that's all that matters.

"Did you watch?" I look to him.

He watches me and closes his eyes as if to take himself back to that moment. He shakes his head "I just stayed there with you. I didn't want you to be alone I wanted to be there with you. Do you remember it?"

"I'm not sure it was all so quick I remember seeing you and that's it"

Harry nods his head and we hear the door opening slowly. We stand and walk over to the middle of the room. I'm nervous I know who I'm about to see. I have so many things to say but I know I'll have word vomit when I see them. The door fully opens and my mum and dad walk in hand in hand. My dad is wearing a suit similar to Harry very smart and my mum is wearing a beautiful blush pink dress which falls elegantly to the floor. They smile and walk towards me it's not until they are a few feet in front of me that my eyes finally move away from their face and look down to this little boy in my mums arms. He is no older than eleven months and is wearing a pure white one piece. His large blue eyes shine and his hair is blond like mine with a few baby curls on top. Tears fill my eyes and my sight is all blurry.

I walk up to my mum and she looks down at the small boy who is reaching out to me.

"Holly meet your brother, George" she softly smiles at me.

I reach my arms out to the young boy who I've heard so much about, I've seen pictures of him and heard stories of him. I never thought I'd ever meet him. My mum hands over George who is staring up into my eyes. His small hands reach to my face and starts feeling around and pulling my hair giggling like little babies do. I laugh and pretend to eat his hand which makes his laugh louder. It's a beautiful sound that fills my heart with joy.

"Hello George. I've heard so much about you. You're a lot smaller than me but believe it or not I'm your little sister" he coos at me. I look to my mum and dad who are comforting each other. My mum is full on crying which I wouldn't expect anything else.

"I'm sorry mum and dad. I just couldn't live without you all" I look around to Harry and Pebbles behind me.

"It's ok sweetheart. We understand. We are happy you are here. We can finally be a family altogether. And why didn't you tell me about this handsome chap" my mum nods over to Harry.

I laugh "because mum you'd think I was even more crazy than you already thought" I hand George to my dad who plays with him in his arms and I go and hug my mum.

"I love you so much Holly. It broke my heart to watch them police officers tell you what happened"

"My heart did break mum. I'd lost everything to me in one night"

"Well you're hear now. With us where you should be"

Harry comes over and puts pebbles on the floor. My mum smiles down at her "she's been non stop whining for you" I look down at my little cat rubbing herself against my leg.

I can't believe I'm here after everything. I'm finally here. I'm happy and I'm whole. I look around the room. I'm with the love of my life, Harry. I'm reunited with my best friend, Pebbles. I get to spend the rest of my days with my parents and get to know my brother. We all smile at each other and nod. This is the start of my life. My heart throbs painfully at how happy I am right now. Sure I've left some people that mean a lot to me behind and I hope one day they'll understand and I'll wait for them here when their time is finally up. We walk over to a door that's appeared on the other side of the room and we all walk over. Harry looks at me and kisses my cheek.

He whispers "this is just the beginning for us" and we walk through the door to the rest of our lives.

____________________________

I'm thinking of doing one more chapter and that's what happened to bring Holly here. Would you be interested in reading that? Please comment and vote. I'm not going to lie this chapter made me a little teary!