Chapter Fifty-Seven: Decode

Start from the beginning

"He's Cole. Your son. Who died. He's dead. Gone. Why does it matter?

Tasha rolled her eyes, handing him back the photo. "Hank, get this through your thick skull." Tasha stood to her full height, looking up at him with no remorse in her eyes.

"I don't care. I feel nothing. Either deal with it or stay the fuck out of my way."

Tasha walked past him, her heels clicking when she reached the hardwood floor. She didn't give Connor a single glance as she the building without another word.

Hank stood there for a moment, his brows furrowed. "What the hell was that?"

"As I said, Tasha has —"

"It's rhetorical, Connor." Hank replied in a frustrated tone.

Connor was fidgeting with his coin as he walked towards Hank. "I don't know what to do. She won't talk to me —"

"I know it's tough, son, but you need to just hold on to what you two have, and show her all the shit is worth it because of how you both feel for one another."

Connor nodded, Hank's words calming him ever so slightly.

"Let's just go find her."

•••

Tasha's POV

One step.

Two step.

Three step.

Four step.

It was like my whole body had turned into a machine when my emotions shut off — though I was still flesh and blood for the most part, everything was robotic. The way my brain began to analyze things, the way I walked — everything was different.

And I don't mind that.

Feeling nothing is empty.

But not in a bad way.

Because there is no good or bad anymore.

There's just what is, and what isn't.

As I sat at the bar, I ran my finger along the scar on my arm that attaches the synthetic arm to the rest of my human arm.

Strange.

Once the sight of it brought me to pity myself, but now it became something that was real, but I didn't care anymore.

In the back of my mind, I heard it. It was soft, a slight hum — a murmur really. Vibrations as my body wanted to connect the wires back together and bring back my emotions.

Not today.

I put the cup of alcohol to my lips, chugging it down in one easy sip. It didn't taste good or bad, it was just empty.

"Kiddo."

Annnnd there goes my buzz.

3rd Person POV

"You didn't think you could get rid of us that easily, did you, kid?"

Tasha rolled her eyes, not turning to acknowledge her partners. "I didn't exactly hide from you. I just came here to drink."

"Yeah, well we both know that being an alcoholic runs in your family so —"

"You're one to talk, Hank." Tasha mused as she grabbed another glass, sipping it with a smile. "You're most definitely the alcoholic of us three."

"I'll have you know I quit drinking a few days ago."

Tasha shrugged, "I'm sure you'll find a reason to start again."

As Tasha reached for another glass Connor snatched it from her, pouring it out onto the floor.

"I was going to drink that." She wrinkled her nose, shaking her head. "What do you want?"

"I want to know why you did that."

"It was the only logical answer." Tasha replied automatically, though Connor could sense a slight hesitation inside her. "Now leave me alone."

"We can help you, kiddo, you just have to tell us how."

Tasha ignored Hank's offer, an annoyed look on her face

Tasha ignored Hank's offer, an annoyed look on her face. She sighed, shaking her head. "If I go with Connor will you get off my back, old man?"

"Sure." Hank said, "You let Connor keep an eye on you, and I'll go home."

"Whatever you say boss." Tasha said as she saluted him, turning to Connor who had a lost expression on his face.

"Lets go, lover boy."

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed! Leave any suggestions below. Shit is dramatic lol. This is just the beginning :3