Patience

Bucky had learned patience over his time as an assassin and he was being forced to put his training to use by being made to resist the pretty omega who had caught his attention. The more he had to resist, the more he wanted to her but he couldn't talk to her.

His normally icy eyes followed her form even as his handler nudged him to continue walking. He was being rehabilitated but they didn't want him alone in the streets in case he had a relapse. A shudder passed through his body as he heard a voice raise in anger mixed with fright, automatically heading towards the sound with his senses on high alert.

"Get away from me!" The brunette omega hissed at the blond douchebag alpha who had his hand on her slim arm tightly. The omega was radiating distress and anger, scent sharpening even as Bucky approached.

"Now, don't be like that." The scum was smirking until he was blindsided by an unknown attacker who sent him flying with one hit.

"Thank you." The omega squeaked out, hesitantly touching her savior's arm carefully as he looked like he wanted to kill the other alpha who was getting up slowly. She didn't receive a response except him posturing threateningly in front of her as the offensive alpha approached. He was displaying protection of the omega.

"I'll Fuckin' kill you!" The icy blond snarled, baring his teeth. The shaggy haired brunet alpha just shot his fist out and slugged him in the face, breaking the blond's nose and several teeth based on the noise.

Bucky's handler just watched from nearby, taking notes on his behavior but noting that the aggression was in response to the omega who had caught his attention being threatened. It was a development hopefully in the right direction for the former assassin.

"You okay?" Bucky turned to the omega, eyes scanning her to check for wounds and scowling at the already developing bruise on her pale skin. He didn't receive an answer as she trembled and he sighed, gently squeezing the back of her neck.

"I'm okay." She was shaking though, sniffling quietly. He gave her an unimpressed look, signifying he knew she was lying. The tall alpha opened his arms and she sunk into him, gratefully accepting the comfort he offered to her. He felt no qualms about comforting her, finding it as natural as breathing.

"It's okay, Doll." Bucky spoke gently, petting her hair as she cried into his chest. He felt more normal than he had in a long time, mind firmly focused on soothing the omega in his arms. "He isn't gonna bother ya anymore."

"We should get going." Bucky's handler, a short nondescript ginger, said as he appeared over by them.

"I'll meet you guys later." Bucky glared at the beta assigned to him and then focused back on his omega. He wasn't sure why he'd started thinking of her as his omega but he liked the sound of it. "Let's get you home, Doll."
He flinched as she whined lowly at his words.

"Don't wanna go home." She mumbled against his chest, clinging to him.

"Why is that, Baby?" He tilted her head up, locking their eyes.

"Not a happy place." The omega admitted, looking down as best she could. She was ashamed of being so weak in front of the kind alpha.

"Tell you what... You can come home with me." He offered impulsively, wanting to make her happy.

"Really?" Her scent lost a bit of the bitterness that came with shame and became more chocolatey.

"Yup." Bucky reflected that it may seem shady to be taking an omega he had just met to his private home but he couldn't bring himself to truly care about the consequences. He simply carried her the couple miles to his home, glaring at anyone who dared look at them oddly. They had no right putting their nose in his business, especially not with his new omega. "Welcome home, my little omega."

"I like it, Alpha." And she truly did like his home. It wasn't completely bare but it wasn't stuffy either. It was simplistic and very homey which drew her in more and relaxed her. It was an open floor plan for the living room and kitchen with a hallway leading off to yet unknown places in the house.

Bucky couldn't help but puff up with pride as he set her down on the sofa. His prospective omega was already pleased with their accommodations.

"Are you hungry?" Bucky knew the implications of the question. How she answered would tell him a lot.

"Yes, Alpha." She answered his unspoken question and looked up at him through her lashes. The Omega was accepting his courtship and allowing him to provide for her.

"I'll be right in there. Do you need the bathroom or anything?" Bucky cupped her cheek with his flesh hand, stroking the soft skin gently.

"No, Alpha." The brunette omega shook her head, pressing more into his touch and sighing softly. He kissed her forehead and then went into the kitchen to make them supper. Bucky was already planning on making a hunting trip into the forest the next day to bring her his first gift that doubled as more proof of his ability to provide for her.