The Beginning

The Summer after Graduation felt no different than any other one, Long and Tedious with undertones of boredom laced throughout each day. The brunette girl had consented to going to her grandparents home in Vermont to appease her mother who felt the change would be good for her.

She was not fond of being so far from her home but she rather liked being able to see her cousins whom she hadn't seen in six years and they had been small. They were pretty good kids for the most part but the bad moments were to be expected from two teens and a pre-teen.

The girl had been treated to a shopping spree and a haircut that she had been wanting all year. Her hair had been cut short and poofed up quite often, sticking up at odd moments like it had a mind of its own. She didn't mind though, enjoying her hair and her freedom.

The house was located in a moderately remote area that had many hills that surrounded it and tall trees that made her feel small like she was yet again a tiny child. Everything was calm and peaceful when she was left home alone, everyone else gone to camp or work. The sounds of nature surrounded her as she wrote her stories of the worlds she imagined where everything was different and even better than her own world.

With her stories, she was in control and dictated what happened in these worlds. Occasionally she tortured the characters in these worlds but mostly making their lives perfect and happy.

Her days and nights were filled with longing though as she felt lonely like something was missing from her life. Often she'd lie awake at night trying to figure out what she was missing in her heart. It had eluded her continually but she was eternally hopeful that one day she would find the missing piece. Thus she would remain optimistic until she either found it or died trying.