Chapter 28- Just as expected

Start from the beginning

"So, to I say, null, einz, zwei, drei, vier, Fünf, sechs, sieben, acht, neun, zehn" He repeats perfectly and I smile.
"Well done!" I shout and his lips twitch again, god dammit. I look around and realise we are In the forest. 
"Nearly there" I say and Levi rolls his eyes. "This better be great because we have walked for ages, couldn't your blonde friend drive you?" He asks and I chuckle. 
"He could've, you don't like walking?" He shakes his head. 
"No I like walks" He says and I smile. 
"I know, stop complaining" I feel myself start to get nervous, if this is working Kenny is around. I hope this works, is the police here? I hope so. Levi notices my hesitant attitude. 
"Hey, you okay, you've been acting weird" I turn and smile.
"Yup, just trying to remember what direction" He scoffs. 
"That makes me feel so much better" I ignore him and drag him a little deeper into the forest. We stop when we hear crying. I turn to see nobody there. It sounded like a girl...? I shake it off but lev seems to have heard it too. 
"What was that?" Levi asks and I shrug. "I don't know, there's a park that way probably over there" I say pointing in the direction of the park I used to go to when I was younger. He nods and we walk into the area I wanted to take Levi, it was a small campsite area with a lake and little camp benches. Nobody really came at this time of year, it was too cold and the lake was frozen over still. 

Levi looks around the place and nods. "It's nice" He says and I nod. "My parents used to bring me here when i was younger, we used to camp in the summer... We should do the same in summer" I say and he nods. It was still light outside but the sun was slowly setting. 
"I didn't  know where to take you," I started and he looks at me. We sit on the ground near the lake and I break some of the ice with a stick. 
"But I always had good memories down here, I thought it would be nice" HE takes the stick and breaks more ice. 
"Yeah, it's nice out here, it's quite empty" He says and I nod. I grab his hand and pull him to his feet. He shuffles closer to me and rubs his hands together. I wrap my arms around him and rub my hands up and down his arms to heat him up a small bit. He thanks me and stands up smirking at the lake, 
"I dare you to walk across it" He smirks and I glare at him. "Definitely not! It may be frozen over but its February, it could break!" I say and he shugs. 
"Huhn!" He shouts and I glare. "Am not!" I shout and he shrugs, "Prove it" I glare and stand up before taking a step on the lake. I feel my feet begin to slide under me and I realise how stupid this is. 
"Sit down dummy, distribute your weight!" Levi. I pull a fake shocked expression holding my heart. 
"BiTcH, YoU cAlLiNg Me FaT?!" I shout and he chuckles before I sit down on the ice. I go to turn at Levi but I feel someone push my back and I go sliding across the ice. I gasp and go to grab Levi but he runs back. 
Now I'm just sitting in the middle of a frozen over, unstable lake! "LEVI!" I shout and he chuckles, "Come back Eren, but watch out, the ice is cracking" He smirks and I see the ice around me is cracking. 
"Why you-"
"Language Eren" 
"Arschloch" I say and he looks at me confused. I tap the inside of my nose and he huffs. 
"Fine, come on then, get over here, or I'm leaving" He smirks and I look at I'm wide eyed. 
"Okay, One! Rude! Two! You would leave me here after me bringing you? Three! You can't get back!" I huff and he shrugs. He goes to walk away. 
"Okay I'm coming, but if I get wet it's your fault!" He shrugs and I slowly make my way over to him. 
I get 5 meters from the end and Levi takes a stick and breaks the ice. "Levi!" I shout whining and he smirks. I smirk and he stops.
"When I get over there you are so fucked" I say and he backs away. I take a run up and leap over the water and reach the grass. Levi yelps and starts running. I chase after him laughing my head off as we run through trees. Geez, he's fast. 
I catch up to him and wrap my arms around his waist and turn around slowly walking to the lake, did I mention I was carrying him? No? Oh, well I am, and he's throwing a tantrum. 
"Eren I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" He keeps repeating as we reach the lake. I fake a cry, "Levi, you hurt me, now, you deserve to be punished for your actions" I giggle at the end and hold him out above the water. 
"Eren put me down!" I smirk and he shakes his head. "NOT IN THE WATER" I chuckle and turn around and place him on the ground. He huffs and turns around. I roll my eyes and grab his hand.

"Look," I say dragging him further into the woods until there was a huge clearing of trees and just grass. 
"Okay?" He says and I roll my eyes. I walk to the middle of the grass and look around... now there's a certain tree... 
"Eren what are you looking for?" I spot an apple tree without the fruit and smile dragging Levi to it. 
"Eren, answer me" He chuckles and I look at the bark of the  tree. There, carved into the tree was my name, my mothers and my fathers in a heart. Levi stops asking and just stares. 
"Grisha? Is that your fathers name?" I smile and nod. I turn around and spot a tree parallel to this one and pick up a sharp looking stone. Levi rolls his eyes and we walk over to the tree. I hand the rock to Levi and he carves his name into the tree and I carve mine under. I smile and put a heart under my name,
"When I met you, I didn't think you gave off a gay aura but the way you just wrote that threw off the whole fucking game" He chuckles and I laugh along. I hear a rustling and we go silent. I grab Levi's  hand and walk to the middle of the clearing. Levi looks at me confused, 
This better work. We hear a child cry again. 

"COME OUT" I shout and Levi looks scared. I pull him behind me and someone emerges from the bushes with a familiar raven haired girl kicking and screaming