Chapter 4- Breathe

Me and armin fit the mics for our heads and place them in a small room where the dolphins stay before a show. We are planning on heading out into the pool on the backs of dolphins so we are keeping our stuff here. If it works and the dolphins follow orders we should be able to pull off a pretty decent show. Sasha has been practicing what she is going to say and the tricks she's going to get the dolphins and sea lions to do. Meanwhile...

Me and armin have no clue what we are doing

Well, we had an idea... and that idea was the art of improvisation!
Trying to think of ways to get the crowd going we walk back to our original tank bust incase any little kids see us before doors open.
"Well... what about splashing people with out tails?" Armin asks straining himself to come up with ideas.
"Armin we always do that... we'll need more than just that... Hmmm..... well we are already going to be communicating with the crowd so why don't we tell a story?" Armin looks at me.
"That could actually work, well... I'll tell the story and you act it out" He giggles.
"Why do I always get stuck with the stupid things?" I huff.
"Well because you're stupid enough to go along with it. We'll use the dolphins and stuff as characters"
"Armin...."
He looks at me happy with himself.
"Good idea right? Haha I'm so-"
"WE HAVE AN HOUR TO SORT THIS OUT" His mouth retracts and he looks to the side.
"You're right, well, it's either my idea or we don't do shit!" He says sassily back.
"Geez armin did you have some toast with a hint of sass on today?"
He giggles and we head into the tank as we see little kids coming through the doors with parents and carers.

As I dunk in the tank I curse mentally remembering my eye drops. I swear I do this every time! I quickly put them in and drop to see armin spinning and waving at little kids.
But in the back I see a familiar black haired girl and an angry stoic faced man. They came! They see I've noticed them and I smile big and wave. The little girl smiles big and runs to the glass. The angry guy close behind. She puts both hands on the glass and I place mine over hers. She giggles and pulls a funny face. I copy her and all the little kids around start laughing. She looks at me and speaks. I can't hear her but I don't know what to say. I turn up to the man and he talks a but louder so I can see.
"She said her name" He says loud enough for me to hear. I look down at her and see her writing her name out on the glass steaming it up with her breath. The man looks discussed as she dirties up the glass and writes a name.

Minami? No its a k!
Mikama? No...
Mikasa?
I look at her and write mikasa on the glass. She smiles and whole glancing up at who I can only assume is her dad and he half smiles at her. It was more of a forced smirk but it was different from his stoic face and that was an achievement. Still.... I'm determined to make this guy smile. I have no clue why, it's just a feeling. Like I'll get some sort of heart warming feeling if I manage to do so. Anyway, getting caught in my thoughts I realise my throat starts to burn. I look at mikasa and hod up a finger as I swim back to the top and take a huge breath. Holy hell hoe long was I down there??

I start panting as I decide to just sit for a minute. An idea for the show pops in my head. I should bring mikasa and her dad up for the show! I suddenly feel very excited. They'll get to see me! I hear a soft knock on the door.
"Come in" I say panting lightly.

The door opens with the same bushy browed guy who I call my boss walking in looking worried.
"You good?" I nod confused.
"Yeah??" He smiles.
"A little girl and her brother was worried because you seemed like you forgot to breathe and then they hadn't seen you for another 10 minutes"
10 minutes?! How long..? I take my watch out of my clothes folded up on the side. Well fuck it was 10 minutes.
"Yeah sorry I did kinda forget I needed to breathe. I just had to get my breath back before I jumped back inside. You said a little girl and her brother?" He nodded.
"Little girl, mikasa? About this tall, quite cute" He says gesturing height. How did he know her n-
"And levi, her brother. Not much taller ahah no he's angry looking like this" Erwin pulls a 'I'm going to slowly murder you and look like I'm not fazed at all' How?

He seems to notice my confused expression. "Not seen them?" He asks. I shake my head. "No I have just how do you know who they are?"
"Oh I know levi, he's a good kid" I nod.
"Hey sir?" He looks at me.
"Can you bring them up here? I want to ask if they want the front seat things where my family should sit in the show. I just think they should have them just this once nobody ever comes to see me so" I look at Erwin and see the shadow of a smirk tugging his lips before he nods approvingly. I'll send them up, I'm sure mikasa would love to meet a mermaid in person" He laughs.
"Merman! Get it right!" Erwin rolls his eyes.
"Yes of course eren I'll get them come back up in 5 minutes" I nod and dive back down into the large tank where I see a worried looking armin. He nods his head at me and a smile showing him I'm alright. He smiles and heads up for air while I see Erwin talking to levi and mikasa.

Levi... so that is the name. Great. Now I'll know what to call him when I make him smile