Chapter 12- Kenny

(still Eren's P.O.V)

Erwin...he's my boss, he said he was friends with Levi but... "Levi i really need answers" Levi doesn't turn around. "LEVI" He snaps  around scared that i raised my voice. "I-Im sorry i didn't mean to scare you, im just..." Levi sighs.  "I know, I've known you for like what? A few days and a lot is happenning i get it. I'll give you answers, just be patient" I nod and run my hand through my hair. "What was the letter?" 

"Curiosity killed the cat" He spits and I sigh. "But satisfaction brought it back" He turns around to the front door. "Not in my story it don't, look all you need to know is this 'guy' you saw was dangerous and because you know me he's targeting you aswell" I was taken back.. "Me...?" He nods. "Look, after Mikasa's party, don't associate  with us anymore, it will only put you in more danger. Forget we exist we will keep out of your and your friends way." To say i was shocked was an understatement... But i don't want to have to do that. "But i-" 

"Brat, just listen, you'll thank me eventually, look, i didn't think this was going to happen okay? If i knew he was going to... I would have..." He runs his hand through his hair. "Levi..." The bell rings and he sighs going and looking through the peep hold on the door before mutterring something and opening the door. 

Erwin comes walking into the sitting room. I can never look at him or Armin the same after armins accidental googly eyes in the coffee shop. "E-Eren...? If you're here then..." 

"Kenny" I hear levi say. Erwin looks at me wide eyed. "Its my fault, I shouldn't have talked to him or even somewhat associated with him..." Erwin slaps levi upside the head. "Levi, you can't blame yourself for everything, Where's Mikasa?" Levi looks down and flicks through the photos. "Farlan's, I was going to sort stuff out for her birthday today but we got a little sidetracked" I nod. "So...do I call you sir still or...? I say trying to lighten the mood. Nobody laughs. "Don't take that seriously im just trying to lighten..." My voice gets smaller and more awkward as I see Levi and Erwin's cold stares. "Haha..." Out of nowhere Erwin starts lauging and Levi chukles a bit looking quite amused. "Whaa..." 

"You should've seen your face" Erwin laughs. I huff and pout. Levi walks up and pats my shoulder. "Erwin, eren go sit in the sitting room I'll bring some tea we need to sort something out" Erwin nods and motions for me to follow and i do. 

"Sooo... The weather...its nice..." Erwin laughs.
"You're really awkward for someone who works infront of lots of people" I nod.
"Yeah... well there is water meaning i don't have to communicate with anyone." I explain. He nods and looks at me.
"Why are you here though? Not saying you can't be just... curious" I nod.
"I came over to help Levi set up for Miksa's  birthday, plus, he doesn't know what to get" He nods.
"Okay, to be honest I didn't know and Levi were friends" I smile and shrug.
"He doesn't normally like people" Out of nowhere a thought comes into my head.
"I want to make Levi smile" Erwin smirks for a second but it dissapears.
"Good luck" He laughs. I tilt my head.
"You know what Eren, for all ive known him, i've never, and i mean NEVER seen him smile. I don't think his body is capable of it" I hear a 'tch' from the doorway and i turn to see Levi holding a tray. 
"Of course I can smile, I just don't see any reason to waste such emotions" Really? "said the devil" I whisper but Erwin heard me. He starts laughing but trying to conceal it at the same time. Levi doesn't ask but sets down the tray infront of me on the coffee table. Right now im sitting on the floor, it's a small habit of mine to sit on the floor of someones sitting room instead of a couch. "Eren, you are allowed on the couch" I shake my head and smile at him. He diverts his gaze quickly and nods. He leans back in his chair. "Okay, Erwin, go" Erwin starts talking to Levi but i can't keep my attentiion on his for very long as i start dazing out the window.

"What do you think eren?" At the mention of my name I snap my head in the direction it came from to see Erwin and Levi staring at me. Levi grabs the bridge of his nose and sighs.
"Were you even listening?" I chuckle slightly and rub the back of my neck. Levi sighs.
"Eren this is important" I sigh and nod apologising.
"Kenny is clearly after anyone who associates with you Levi" He nods. "Why?" I interupt. Levi looks at me. "Kenny is my uncle," I'm even more confused.

"That makes even less sense" Levi holds a finger up showing he isn't finished.
"My mother, she dies when I was very little, he was the only legal guardian who would take me in" He starts. I nod.
"I wouldn't tell you this if you weren't in the position you were in now, so don't think this is because I 'trust you so much'" He says harshly but I nod anyway while Erwin rolls his eyes. "Kenny blames me for my mothers death because i used to care foor her, obviously, the doctors couldn't do anything but kenny says if i took her to the hospital sooner she wouldve lived but the truth was she has an incurable disease" He says quietly.
"Levi.. I-" He cuts me off. 

"Don't, but anyway, Kenny has gang downtown and is trying to make my life a living hell, targeting any of my friends or anyone who tries to associate with me by scaring them away unitl i'm left with nobody. Mikasa aswell" I stare at him comfused. I point to Erwin.
"Eyebrows? Yeah he's  targeted alot but he's just stubborn, he doesn't let that shit bother him."  I nod.
"So...why do I have to not associate with you any more?" He looks at me confused.
"Eren, it's dangerous, like really. Erwin can take care of himself!" He shouts sending me a glare.

"And you think I can't?" He shrugs. "If the shoe fits" He spits. Why is he being so sour?
"Look, I'm sorry that I approached you to cheer up your sister when she was looking down, I'm just nice like that. But just because I try and do good in the world doesn't  mean I can't deal with the bad in it either." Levi scoffs.
"Please, I know your type, You couldn't hurt a fly. Useless in a fight" Why is he being like this?
"Levi that's enough" Erwin buts in. Levi glares and shoots a bitter glare at me.
"I'm trying to save your sorry ass!" what's wrong with him.
"Levi, I don't  know what you are trying to imply but you don't know anything about me" Levi scoffs.
"You are just a kid"

I tut like Levi did earlier and stand on my feet. "You don't know anything about me" I growl. He stands up as well. "I'm trying to do you a favour" I take a step back and raise my arms.
"You know what... Fine, I'll not associate with you. But" I take anther step closer and glare straight in his eyes. "But not because I'm scared, no, because I wouldn't want someone like you in my life." I  see his eyes soften for a second and him step back.
"Eren I'm ju-" I dust my clothes down.
"Looking out for me? Because I'm the useless type? You mentioned" I go to walk out of the sitting room. 

"Oh, by the way, I lost my mum too. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't regret not helping her as much as I could have. But the truth is...I couldn't save her. Because fate works in cruel ways Levi. But because I couldn't save her..." I see Levi and Erwin looking at me with wide eyes. I smile.
"Doesn't man I'm useless, In fact, it's motivated me more to be someone who other people can trust to protect them. I'll take my leave, thank you for your hospitality. I won't forget Mikasa's birthday, I will make sure to make an appearance for her, but then, I'll be out of your way"  I smile waving and walk out of the room and down the corridor. I  hear Erwin sigh.

"Oh well done Levi!" I hear him tut as I walk out the front door. I feel this horrible feeling in my stomach as I leave but brush it off. Why is he so bitter today, well...  I probably didn't  help but  he brought it on himself. Ugh im acting like a 2 year old