Chapter 17- Fear

I groan as i hear a knock at the door. "GO AWAY" I shout because I'm a lovely person and I hear laughing. "Eren, Open up!" Its Armin. I groan and get out of bed and unlock the front door before heading back inside not greeting him. "Thanks for the sunshine!" Armin chirps. 
"You know Armin you don't have to come here every morning, but since you did, you can feed Azul" He turns to me. 
"1, yes i do have to come every morning or you won't get out of bed and 2, who is Azul" My head immediately perks up. "I didn't tell you??" He shakes his head and i smile before running into my room. "WAIT THERE" I shout before gently poking the little kitten wrapped up on my bed. Lifting her head she lets out a light 'mewl' before jumping off the bed. I pick her up gently and she nuzzles into me. I walk out of the room and over to Armin, i see his eyes light up. "Y-You got a kitten?" He smiles. I nod and turn her around so he can see her eyes. He gasps before I hand her to him. "Her eyes are gorgeous!" He squeals before petting her. 
"I'll go get changed, half a pouch of meat and mix in the medicine next to it, 1  teaspoon" He nods and walks through the kitchen. 

I grab y bag and quickly change into white skinny jeans and a light blue sweater and pack another outfit for after. The only thing i don't like about swimming is my hands and feet pruning up, it just gives me this weird feeling in my stomach. 
I walk out of my room to see Armin waiting for me, "Ready?" I nod and grab an apple from the fruit bowl. I raise one to Armin and he nods before i chuck him one and grab one for myself before we leave. I have to go to the gym tonight but i really don't want to. Maybe i can cancel my membership, Armin did anyway. I leave the front door and we start walking to the aquarium passing shops here and there where we would stop and do the odd window shop. I check my watch and we have 15 minutes left. "Okay Armin we got to cut the window shopping or we are going to be late." He nods and we walk up to the aquarium... but something is stuck in the back of my mind... "Armin?" He hums. 
"How do you know if you like someone?" I hear his gasp. 
"Eren, you like someone? Who?" I cut him off.
"I don't know if I do that's why i am asking you, how you can tell?" He sighs.
"Well... you care about them unusually more than other people, if...  you had an opportunity to spend more time with them you would. Um... you always go out of your way  to comfort or help them. But obviously, if you don't have a weird feeing in your stomach then none of these apply" I freeze in the middle of the street...

Did i like Levi...?

"Eren?" I look up at Armin, "Are you okay?" I nod and continue walking.
"So, for example, if i did like someone. Which i don't think i do! How would you be able to tell if they like you back?" I ask and Armin smirks at me. 
"Well... the same apply really, they care a lot for you, go out of their way for you, hang around you basically. Clingy sometimes" My mind instantly flashes to yesterday when Lev got really upset in the pool room then us walking around holding hands.
"Holding hands?" I say bluntly. Armin gasps. "YES EREN that counts! NOW TELL ME" I shake my head. 
"So... does that mean i like them?" Armin shrugs, "If these things apply to your situation then maybe, try hanging around them more and you'll figure it out" I nod and sigh.

"It's Levi isn't it?" I look p at Armin and quickly shake my head. He gasps. "IT IS" I go red and shake my head. "No! Armin you have it all wrong!" I say trying to defend myself and he just smirks. 
"Okay Eren, whatever you say" He starts walking faster. "Hey! Armin wait up!" I run up to him and the rest of the walk to the aquarium is highly awkward, on my end that it, Armin just keeps interrogating me.
"Wait..." I turn to face Armin. "You... Held HANDS WITH LEVI"  He shouts and gasps. I shush him and cover his mouth. "Want to say it any louder?!" I whisper harshly and he giggles. I groan and when we reach the pool room i instantly get scared. 

"Eren... are you okay buddy?" I nod slowly while still staring at the pool. What if Kenny is there, or what if i take in too much water today?? What if i have another panic attack?! Levi isn't here to help! I can't get in the water with my legs banded together, its too dange-

"EARTH TO EREN" I snap out of it and turn to see Armin in front of my face. I can't help it and tears begin to fall out of my eyes. Armin goes pale. He's very rarely dealt with me crying before and he always freaks when i do. Armin takes a step away. "H-Hey don't cry E-Eren nothing is going to happen! It's safe, i swear! You've done this plenty of times before, don't worry" Armin says trying to calm me. I hear the door gently open to see Erwin and Hanji, 
"Eren?"  Erwin says calmly. 
"OH MAMAS LITTLE MERMAID BOY" Hanji runs over to me and pulls me in a hug. I quickly twist out of her embrace before getting as far away from the pool as I can. I shouldn't be as scared as i am right now, this is my job! I quickly wipe my eyes and Erwin walks over to me. 
"Mermaid boy...? Erwin why is he crying, why is he acting scared of the water?" Hanji asks. 
"Eren had a close call yesterday and took in too much water, he then had a panic attack coughing up quite a bit of blood" Erwin explains. Hanji nods and looks at me. "Eren it'll be okay we are patrolling your tank today, Erwin said we had to i didn't know why but i guess this is why okay Hun? We'll keep you safe" I smile at Erwin. I knew Kenny was the  real reason Erwin was patrolling my tank but i just smiled at Hanji. I take a deep breath and go closer to the water. Putting both my legs in i take my shirt off. I slowly drop myself in fully and let the water surround me. I look up to see Armin get in the water with me and i instantly feel better. Armin takes a breath and dives into the water before coming back up. I suppose i have to copy.  I take a breath and dive into the water. As i swim i feel all worry leave me and i swim through to the main tank still without my tail on but just take a look at everything before swimming back up. Erwin and Hanji look at me. 
"You okay?" Erwin asks. I smile  and nod. They all return it and i get out of the pool grabbing my tail.
"Are  you sure you'll be alright Eren?" Armin asks before jumping in the pool. I smile and nod. I hear kids below. 
"Oh and for the record," I turn to look at Armin.
"If you and Levi get together you have to give me 50" He says before diving. What...?

What do i get when we don't?