Shirt or not to shirt is the question

"Connor hurry up! Stop hogging the bathroom!"

Zoe bangs on the bathroom door I freeze in my spot. Connor notices and sighs

"I'll be out in a minute!"

He yells though the door "why are you even in the hall bathroom you have your own!" She yells.

"Fuck I didn't know I was banned from this damn bathroom!"

"Idiot!"

"Fuck you!"

Connor yells though the door Zoe stomps away. I fix my hair in the mirror and blush when I realized I'm still missing my shirt.

"Uh Connor can I borrow a shirt?"

I ask awkwardly he look at me and rise an eyebrow

"Where is your shirt?"

He asked finally realizing he never asked.

"You threw up on me then we had a crying session". I explained he face palm his self.

"Next time I drink I'll hiding my phone"

He says "c'mon"

He says leaving the bathroom and we go back to his room.

"Here"

He tosses me a black shirt with the wording

"The things that make you strange are the things that make you powerful"

In blue lettering, I look up at Connor

"Can I please have this shirt!?"

I asked he chuckles

"Nope sorry pal"
Connor said smiling

"Connor breakfast is ready!"

We hear from downstairs. Connor roll his eyes "that's my mom, um do you want to stay from breakfast?" He asked I shrug

"u-um sure?"

"Just a head up my mom is into a health cleanse right now sooo be prepare"

I nod then pull the shirt on. We head downstairs Connor mom's looks up with with a smile which turns to a surprise look when she sees me but then goes back to a smile.

"Connor who is this?"

"Tree boy" he replys sitting in a chair. I wave at her politely

"I'm Evan Hansen"

She smiles "take a sit evan there's plenty" I nod and take a seat opposite of Connor. She made veggie omelette , pancakes which look good, and carrot juice.

Zoe comes down stairs and is also surprised to see me. "Why is he here?"

She asks

"Don't worry about it"

Connor replys Zoe rolls her eyes

"Who are you?" She asks sitting next to me my heart picks up and beats quicker.

"Evanhansen" I say to quickly

"evon fansen?"

She asks confused "Evan hansen" Connor says to his sister.

"What are you doing here? Did Connor kidnapped you? Blink twice if you need help"

"N-no we're friends"

I say trying to keep my breath under control I can't believe I'm sitting right next to my crush!

"If you say so" Zoe says then eyes her breakfast with disgust

"Any friend of Connor is always welcome here" Mrs. Murphy says to me with a smile putting a veggie omelette on my plate I say thanks. Mr. Murphy comes downstairs and sits down and finally realized that I'm here.

"Are you Zoe friend?"

He asks "he's my friend" Connor bumbs in.

Mr. Murphy looks me over probably trying to determine what kind of kid I am. He's probably thinking I'm a bad kid, bags under my eyes, wrinkly shirt, and kinda messy hair.

"Take care of him okay?" Mr. Murphy says but I'm not sure to who.

"Mom my jazz band concert is coming up, are you guys going?"

Zoe asked Mrs. Murphy smiles widely

"Of course Honey!"

Zoe turns towards me "what about you do you like jazz?"

"I love jazz band. I love jazz. Not all jazz. But definitely jazz band jazz. That's so weird, I'm sorry"

Zoe laughs and
Connor kicks me under the table.

"Come to the jazz band concert next week then"

I smile "y-yeah that's sounds awesome"

Connor kicks me again, no one notices. Breakfast goes quickly after that.

"So Evan how long and Connor been friends?"Mrs. Murphy asked

"Maybe a month or two?"

I say unsure. "How you guys meet?" Mr. Murphy now asked

"In the computer lab at school"

"Okay we're leaving" Connor says standing up

"Evan would you like to have dinner with us tonight?" Mrs. Murphy asks I smile

"That would be great! Thank you Mrs. Murphy"

I say we say our goodbyes then Connor and I walk to his car.

"Hey Evan why don't you have a car?" Connor asked me when he noticed my bike.

"I don't have a car because of pollution! So completely not 'cause I'm much to scared to drive!"

"You should get a car"

"I don't need a lot to be totally alive" I agure back. He laughs "come on I'll drop you off I want to come back home and sleep my hangover is killing me still"

I'm surprised he was earlier he wasn't even acting like he had a hangover maybe he's use to it?

As soon as I slid into his car I start messing with his radio. "What are you doing?" He asked "attempting to find some good music hot topic" I say unconsciously.

"Jesus Faist"

I look over to him and he pulls out a CD from the glove compartment.

"Is this good music?"

He asked putting it in the radio, Broadway musicals sound tracks play one after the other I can't help but grin with happiness!

"I approve of this"

I say then start  singing along in my head to embarrass to sing in front of Connor.

We arrive at my place I find a note from my mom

~not going to home til late tonight working the night shift and then stright to class, eat without me ♥ love Mom"

I sigh and put the note in my pocket. I feel like I barely see her and when I do she's in a rush.

"I'm taking your bed"
Connor says walking into the house behind me.

"Why?" I asked "my house is too loud, and I lent you my bed last night so your returning the favor"

Connor says walking upstairs. I guess it's fair

"FUCKING SHIT"

I hear Connor yells I sigh and go see what happened.