oh spruce!

Turns out I twisted my ankle and bruised a couple ribs which resulted in bruising all over my back and side but doc say the ribs should be better in about a week or two if I take care of them.

"How am I going to explain this to my mom?"

I asked getting back into Connor car with the crutches. Connor sighed and moved his hair out of his face thinking for a moment but then shrugged.

"Um tell her you fell down stairs?"

I fidgit "I guess"

"Let me treat you to some ice cream?"

Connor stated but kinda asked, I rub my sides as they ache I want to just go home I'm exhausted but that would be rude.

"Um sure"

I say Connor smiles and starts the car. He takes me to A La Mode which is a pretty good ice cream place I've been too before. Connor helps me off the car and into the store

"What flavor do you want?"

"Strawberry"  Connor nodded then went to get it. "What happened to you dork?" Rich asked waltzing up to my table I look down "I fell"
He laughs "again? What a fucking loser" 

"Um y-yea?" I mutter in response "dude fucking speak up that's so fucking annoying"

"O-oh SorRy"

I said but my voice cracked. Connor comes back to the table with the ice cream he glares at rich.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

He asked while handing me my ice cream I mutter a thank you. "Talking to my best bud Eva fansen asshole"

"His name is Evan Hansen dipshit" Connor spat back Rich rolled his eyes "Same thing isn't that right dork?"

"u-um yeah" I mutter looking down at my cast clearly uncomfortable. "Get lost Rich" Connor says sitting down. Rich flips us off but leaves.

"Evan you need to speak up for yourself" 

Connor scolds I lick my ice cream "it's fine I'm used to it" I say Connor glares at me which scares me I look away from his eyes.

"Well you shouldn't be used to it"

I just quietly eat my ice cream. "You coming to school tomorrow?" Connor asked I shrugged "why wouldn't I?" He shrugged "twisted ankle seems like a hassle especially with your broken arm" I shrugged again. "Ready to go?" I asked Connor nods.

***

"Thanks for the ride" I say as we pull up to my house.

"Let me help you take your stuff in" Connor says grabbing my backpack and house key.

"Just put it anywhere" I say floping onto the couch.

"Wheres your mom?"

Connor asked "working late then classes she's studieing to become a pelegal" I explained.

"What are you going to eat for dinner?" Connor asked since it was already seven O'clock.

"The ice cream filled me up"

I said he looked at me like I was an idiot "ice cream doesn't count as dinner" I shrugged "Do y-you want to stay while I order a pizza?" I asked Connor nodded I grabbed a twenty from my backpack an handed it to Connor "when the delivery person gets here can you please pay them?" I asked "sure"

"Thank you. Do you mind if I go change?" I asked realizing I'm still covered in dirt from earlier. "Sure Ill wait for the pizza" Connor says I nodded and made the long trip upstairs with my crutches.

I choose a plain gray shirt with a image of a tree in the middle of it. And put it on the side of me. I attempted to take my shirt off but realizes it got stuck to my cast. So it's almost off but my arms are stuck and I don't want to pull my body still aching.

There's a knock on the door but before I could answer Connor is coming in "Evan the pizza is here"
I feel my fast turn tomatoe red "um did I interrupt something?" Connor asked

"I'm uh stuck"

"Want help?"

"Yes please"

Connor walks over to me. I felt small with him leaning over me, my breath got quickly I got nervous.

"There you go buddy"

Connor says getting the shirt unstuck. Connor then stares at me making me shift uncomfortable

"Fuck"

He mutters under his breath I look down refusing to meet his eyes. Why is Connor staring at me? After a moment he finally speaks "That fall really did a number on you huh?"

I finally realized he was looking at my ribs where they were already bruised.

"Yeah"

"Does it hurt?"

Yes "no"

He rubs his neck then grabs my shirt "need help?"

I nod still extremely embarrassed. he helps me then looks way "so uh the pizza is going to get cold soon"

"We should go"

I say standing up with the help of my crutches. When we arrive downstairs the pizza is already on the table with paper plates ready to be used. 

I only grab a slice

"Hansen grab another"

Connor says "no thanks" I say eating my slice

"You need to gain at least a little weight, I can tell your underweight"

I ignore him and drink some juice. Connor realized I'm ignoring him so sliently he put another piece on my plate making me look up at him.

"Please?"

He said waiting for my reaction I sighed and ate it. He smiles at me

"See it wasn't that hard"

I rolled my eyes. "Is that sass I see?" Connor joked I blushed in embarrassment "u-uh I'm sorry I'm just tired" I say looking down at my plate. Connor laughed

"Hansen it's fine but yeah your right it's getting late I should be going. See you at school?"

Connor asked getting up

"Yea"

"Great, see you later tree boy"