Chapter 10

~Narrator's P.O.V~

The tall, stripy clown stomped through his special carnival, grumbling to himself as he walked through the wailing toys.

-How could anyone think like that? How could she believe being alone was such a good thing?- He growled slightly, -If she really knew what it was like...-

He stopped near the end of the plush toys, staring at the one on the end.

"Kaden Kaden... You weren't alone were you? No one ever abandoned you..?" He held the plush doll in his clawed hand, it wailed and shook in his hold, "No, I didn't think so."

He left it to hang on the rope, swinging in the air ever so slightly. He huffed and continued to walk, one of his clawed hands was rubbing his head,

"How could she believe that?" He mumbled, closing his silvery eyes, "To be happy if everyone left... If everyone forgot her, she'd see it differently..."

Finally, he let out a sigh, before walking through one of the many booths. He appeared in a park, which was currently full of children. A smirk slowly formed on his white face and he skipped over to a blonde girl.

The girl was playing in the sand, building a horrible looking sandcastle. It crumpled slightly and she pouted, crossing her tiny arms.

"I give up!" She whined and threw herself back into the sand.

"Give up? Why would you give up?" Laughing Jack bounced over, leaning over the little girl. She let out a gasp, sitting up.

"Who are you?!" She asked excitedly.

"The name's Laughing Jack kiddo!" He bowed and smiled.

"Wow! You're so tall!" She giggled, before turning to an older woman, who was sat on one of the many benches, "Mummy! Mummy! Look how tall Laughing Jack is!"

The woman looked up, blinked in confusion, before smiling and nodding, "Yes... Very tall..."

She went back to looking at her phone. The clown chuckled, happy to be invisible to the naked eye. The little girl turned back to him,

"My name's Susie! Wanna help me build my castle?"

"Sure thing kiddo!"

And for the rest of the afternoon, the clown sat and played in the sand with the young child, telling funny jokes and making her fall over with laughter. After a while of rolling in the sand, Laughing Jack was able to convince her to play hide and seek.

Happily, the young girl took off into the trees nearby, and the clown smirked evilly. Glancing back at the mother, he started to hum a soft tune, a familiar nursery rhyme.

"Five little ducks went out one day... Over the hill and far away..." He let out a giggle, "Mother duck called 'quack quack quack quack, but... None of the little ducks came back..."

He let out a laugh and skipped into the small woods, looking through the trees and bushery. As he skipped through the greenery, he started to wonder about (Y/N), what she might be doing right now, and if she knew she had upset him. He huffed and shook his head.

-No, focus on your kill... You don't need to think about your other victim...- He thought to himself, -Yeah, victim, right...-

Growling to himself, he looked around the small forest in search for the young girl. Little Susie was rather easy to find, but LJ felt like toying with her, even if she didn't know the fate that was soon going to catch up to her. How else could he take his mind of the female he left alone?