Chapter 2

It had begun. Police littered your house, checking every room, wiping everything down. They had taken the child's body away for examination, making sure to pick up everything that sat outside your front door.

You sat in your dining room, hugging your arms tightly. Officer Della was back, sitting in front of you and asking you the obvious questions.

"What were you doing when you checked your front door?" He asked.

"I told you, I had been watching TV." You mumbled, staring at your lap.

"And you've never seen the child before?"

"No."

"None of the candy looked familiar to you?"

"It was wrapped in coloured wrapping, I don't know what candy it is." You sighed and rubbed your head.

"Are you feeling alright (Y/N)?" You looked up, Della was staring at you with concern, "You seem pale."

"Just need sugar, remember?"

He nodded, sitting back in his chair. You took that as your cue to stand and walk into the kitchen, rummaging around for your stash of sugars. Finding some butterscotch pieces, you grabbed them and walked back.

Officer Della watched you, eyeing the candy as you popped a piece into your mouth.

"Is that all the candy you have?"

"If you need to go through it then just do it." You huffed.

The officer stopped, before nodding and disappearing into the kitchen. You sighed and covered your face. They still thought you were the murderer? Why? Clearly they should know that you were home when all these murders happened.

So how come they are still suspecting you of all people?

You told them the truth, and much like the cliché movies, they thought you were crazy. What's next?

Eventually, the investigation had to be closed for the night, and soon enough, your house was empty again. The only one still hanging around was Officer Della, his partner Kingsley had already left.

He was standing around the front door, as if contemplating talking to a suspected murderer. You just wished he'd leave, you were tired and wanted to sleep.

"Look (Y/N)..." He finally started, "We have reason to believe that you are the murderer, but that's only because of the clues we've found. The need for candy, being the only one to have seen the killer, and the fact that a dead child magically appeared on your front doorstep."

"But what about the officer you were going to send to guard me?" You crossed your arms, "Surely he or she would have noticed that I didn't even leave my house when these murders happened."

"Officer Hannah, who we had registered to look after you, disappeared not long after she left the compound. We haven't seen her since." Della huffed, almost glaring at you, "Another reason to believe you are the murderer."

Your (e/c) eyes widened, "You mean... The policewoman you sent is... Gone?"

"Yep. No trace of her whereabouts. All we found was her car, it's tires slashed." He frowned, "As if they had been clawed, something you seemed to know the killer did."

"Because he has long claws."

"There is no killer clown. Others would have seen him if this was the case, monochrome or not, clowns don't just blend in the shadows. Why has no one else seen him?"