Chapter 12

~Narrator's P.O.V~

It was late, the clouds were covering the darkened sky, hiding the stars from view. Also hiding, was a clown, standing in an alleyway and giggling as police officers ran past. Another successful kill, and they had found the body right away.

It was always fun when they find the body right away, they believe they could actually catch the clown. But he was already invisible to the naked eye, happily watching as the last car drove around the corner.

A cat walked up, brushing itself against his leg and he looked down, smirking widely, "How stupid are they little kitty? Can't even catch a clown~!"

It looked up at him and meowed, it's ginger tail swaying slowly. He giggled some more, before stepping away from the open end of the alley. What should he do now?

-Maybe stop distracting yourself and think about the problem you are trying to hide from- He huffed to himself, now back in his carnival, -And, to be honest, it's rather obvious...-

Her wanting to be alone had hurt the clown, for more reasons than he thought. He growled to himself and rubbed his head.

"No way could I have developed... Feelings... For a human..." The clown rubbed his nose, remembering her punching it a few weeks back, "The only feelings I should have got from her was when she hit me.."

But that wasn't the case. The clown had spent a week hiding from her, trying to figure out the many questions running through his mind. It seemed only now he had the answers, as if they just came to him within seconds, but he had a feeling he knew all along.

He did originally plan to kill (Y/N), but after seeing her so alone, he had wanted to change that. He didn't want someone else suffering as he did.

Hearing her say she'd rather be alone had hurt him as well, because not only did she not understand what it was she was saying, but he wants to change that, and it felt like she was pushing him away.

Boy these feelings were strong...

He held his head, leaning against one of the many run-down rides in his carnival. Laughing Jack, feeling? It sounded bizarre, even to the clown himself. But there was no doubting it. There were reasons he had been helping the human with healing and supplying her with candy.

There were reasons he stopped tormenting her, stopped trying to scare her. She had helped him even after he had tried to murder her, which although did sound crazy, had had an effect on the clown's thoughts towards her.

He felt like he had been hit by a train, his head pounded, -God this hurts...-

The striped killer sat down, holding his head in his clawed hands. Many new thoughts ran through his head. But one seemed to worry him.

"Am I still a psycho murderer if I like someone..?" He mumbled. There was no way he wanted to give up on his killing sprees. They brought him joy, "I'd better be.. Maybe I should ask someone about this..."

He rubbed his chin, but who to ask? Would (Y/N) be comfortable with such a question? He sighed and stood, only one way to find out. There was no way he was asking Slender, no way. So, with a quick walk down his famous isles of stalls, he was back at the human's house.

The building was dark, silent. Laughing Jack was slightly surprised, given the time of day, (Y/N) would be home cooking, while the TV blared news or movies. Yet there were no signs she was even here. He frowned and walked through the downstairs area, all the lights were off, nothing was being used.

Upstairs was just as dark, just as silent. The clown gave a worried hum, before walking out of the abandoned house. Where could she have gone? He thoughts long and hard, trying to remember any previous comments on where she likes to spend her time.

Then he remembered the conversation with the police officer, how she visited a candy shop. Well at least it was a start. He pouted and walked out of the house, down the street and watching for anything that could help him find the human.

"A game of hide and seek, and she is very good at it." Jack huffed, although he had a feeling it wasn't a game.

So, with a hope skip and a jump, the usually bouncy clown was standing in front of the timely candy store. He peered into the small shop, taking in its emptiness, the old man reading the paper, and the TV that had the news on.

The clown chuckled at the TV, as reporters spoke of the murder that took place last night, and the newspaper, taking about one that had taken place a few days ago. Laughing Jack was famous in this town. He quiet enjoyed the thought of that.

Shaking his head, he turned back to the shop. No one else was in there, so (Y/N) had to be somewhere else. But where? She had no job, and the only friend she had made was the old man in the candy store. So where could she be?

-One problem seems to be leading to another...- The clown huffed, first he left her for a week for something he had figured out in only a few moments, and now she was missing. Fantastic.

He grumbled lowly, walking down the street. Where could he look? Would she be in the forest? No, why would she go back there after what happened. He let out a growl and held his head, staring at the ground.

That's when he came across a spilled box of sweets. He stopped and stared down at the mess of candies everywhere, before turning around and searching the area. This had to be (Y/N)'s, was she kidnapped? Or in such a rush she dropped the box?

No, that couldn't be it. Candy was a necessity to her. She wouldn't just drop it and run, not unless she accidentally dropped it, but that could only mean she was grabbed. The clown tilted his head, before walking into the alleyway.

There were no major signs of a struggle, just shoe scuffs on the concrete and a small drop of blood. Laughing Jack leant down, dipping his claws into the fresh wet liquid, before holding it to his nose. It wasn't (Y/N)'s, so whoever grabbed her probably got a good punch to the face.

Waiting, he tried to think of anyone that could be after her. The only people her could think about would be the police, and Slenderman. But Slenderman's blood is black, not red.

"Maybe he sent one of his... Proxies... To grab her..." He turned his gaze to his clawed hand once again. He'd only met one of them before, and had a glorious fight with him, even if the human had been full of his own tricks, like not reacting to being stabbed or punched.

And that annoying tic he had...

-What was the human's name again?- The clown frowned, before taking another sniff of the blood on his fingers and letting out a growl.

"Toby..."

I'm sorry this feels rushed and trashy ;^; idek what to do, I had it planned out but I added this 'I love her' bullocks instead... Sorry guys, this is the bad side of my writing ;-; but don't worry, it's still on track, just the first half of the chapter is shit, I'm bad at writing confessions. But anyway... Also I noticed I had made a spelling mistake in this chapter (which I have fixed) and I was wondering if I have made it in other chapters... I managed to mix up striped and stripped which are two completely different things, and I can tell you now, Laughing Jack is striped, not stripped (awkward)... So have I made this mistake already? Sweet lord the awkwardness if I have...
Haven Out!!