Chapter 7

A few days had passed before the girl next awoke, and in that time, LJ had realised he didn't know her name. Even after all the watching and hanging around, he never seemed to pick up on it. Although it was beyond him as to why he wanted to know.

And even though he didn't understand, he found himself wondering why she lived alone. Why no one seemed to contact her. And why did she need so much candy?

The girl let out a groan as her (e/c) eyes opened, before suddenly widening in alarm. She pat herself over, before sitting up quickly and looking around the room. Realising where she was, she let out a sigh, before flinching and hugging her stomach. Glancing at her stomach she saw the freshly dressed wound, old blooding dried in the bandaging.

"I... Who...?" She looked around, feeling the clown's gaze on her however not seeing him, "How am I alive? How am I... Back here?"

The clown said nothing, frowning to himself as she stood, a little wobbly. The small human held her head, groaning to herself.

"Stupid low blood sugar..." She grumbled.

Laughing Jack blinked, low blood sugar? Is that why she has so many sweets? He watched as the girl started to shuffle towards the door, half walking into it. She let out another groan of pain, hugging her stomach more. With the way she was going, she'd fall down the stairs and break her neck.

That wasn't LJ's plan. So, now standing in front of her, he dropped a small candy-cane. The human, although still not seeing him, took notice of the sugary sweet and became very cautious. Picking it up, the clown watched as she examined it, probably trying to figure out where it came from and if it was poisonous. He gave a small smirk.

If he wanted to kill her now, he wouldn't poison her. That would be boring. She must have figured that out as well, because the candy-cane was in her mouth in a matter of moments

"Thanks... I guess..." She mumbled to the empty room, fully aware that she was being watched, "So why didn't you kill me?"

Laughing Jack shrugged, deciding to stay quiet. After a while of waiting for an answer, the human only sighed and slowly made her way down the stairs again. He watched her shuffle into the kitchen, making herself a hot drink and some food.

The house suddenly seemed very suffocating, LJ let out a small growl as he looked around, the walls becoming far too familiar. The atmosphere changed to that of a cold night, something that sent a jab at his bandaged chest, and he was quick to leave the house, walking out of one of the many stalls in his carnival.

The dark toys stared as he walked through the stalls, letting out wails and whispers, begging to be set free, but the clown ignored them. He wasn't in the best mood. Some of the toys realised this and stopped, others persisted, wanting attention.

Down through the long hall of stalls, the toys eventually vanished, only the sounds of their wails carrying in the wind. The stripy being continued on, passing by more and more empty, damaged booths. The further he went, the older they became, until he reached the end.

There stood a large hut, the largest of them all, and by far the oldest. The clown stared up at it, no shine to his silver eyes, no smile on his white face. He let out a huff, before walking into it, being surrounded in darkness.

Suddenly, he was standing amongst ruins. Laughing Jack looked around, taking in what had become his once old home. He was glad it had finally collapsed, everything from his past now seeming to be gone. All that remained was the memories, the feeling of being alone, forgotten.

He kicked a rock, walking amongst the old rotten wood. Cobblestone as clumped where an aged fireplace used to be, the floorboards of the ruined house having tall weeds that reached up to the clown's knees. The entire attic had caved in, leaving a mess of soaked wood and plant-life.