Chapter 19

~Your P.O.V~

You awoke from a dreamless sleep, your eyes feeling heavy and your arm throbbing in pain. Where were you? Looking around, you noticed you were in a hospital bed, and your eyes widened slightly, trying to sit up.

Something small and sharp jabbed at your arm and you let out a yelp, looking down to find a needle had just fallen from your elbow. A door opened, and a nurse walked in, watching you worriedly.

"(Y/N)? What's wrong?" She asked, walking over.

You tried sitting up again, feeling something restrict around your chest and stomach. What was going on?! The nurse walked over, grabbing your arm gently and trying to lay you back down.

"Easy, the medication will make you dizzy if you move around too much, relax and lay back please."

"M-Medication..?" You asked, confused.

The nurse frowned and nodded, "Yes... We explained it to you yesterday, don't you remember?"

You stopped, trying to remember anything after being arrested. Looking back up to the brunette, you shook your head. The nurse's frown deepened, and she picked the needle up from the bed, before walking around and picking up a clipboard.

"I see... I will need to talk to Doctor Richard, he seems to have overdosed on the medication a tad." She shook her head, before looking at your wide eyes, "Do not worry dear, it's just one day you've forgotten, not much else has happened. We'll make sure not to over-do it again."

"R-Right... But why am I on medication again...?"

The nurse sighed and placed the needle and clipboard down, before sitting next to you, "The scary killer clowns you speak of, we're going to get rid of them for you."

You blinked, before shaking your head, "You can erase real people from your mind...?"

"No, these clowns aren't real (Y/N), we're trying to help you see that, and once this medication kicks in, the clowns will disappear."

"So what does the medication do exactly...?"

The nurse pursed her red lips, before tapping her chin, "All we know is that it gets rid of the monsters. This medication is normally used on those with schizophrenia, which you do seem to be showing signs of. It gets rid of the imaginary monsters."***

"But he isn't imaginary..."

The nurse sighed, shaking her head, "Anyway... Your mother is here."

"My mother?" Your eyes widened, -Oh boy... She's going to shout your ear off...-

"Yes, I'll go get her now." She stood, before walking out of the room.

You sat, waiting and not sure what to do or say. Would your mother be upset at your situation, or will she just try to drag you home by the bed? Many things could happen in the next few minutes, and you decided to say as little as possible.

For many reasons.

The door opened again and the nurse walked in, followed by your mother. She had (h/c) hair that sat at her (neck, shoulders, back, hips) and the same (e/c) eyes as you. Her skin was tanned (unless naturally dark) and she had a few wrinkles around her face.

Her eyes met yours and she rushed over, pulling you into a tight hug,

"Oh thank God you are okay." She mumbled, "I knew you shouldn't have been by yourself, I knew you should have stayed home..."

You sighed, leaning into her a little. What else could you do?

"Thanks mum..." You mumbled, before looking up at her, tears were clearly threatening to fall down her cheeks. You weren't sure on how much she knew...

"You'll need to come home as soon as you're cleared, do you understand?" She stated.

"What? Why?" You asked, "I'm have a home here mum, I'm doing fine."

"Bollocks, all this stuff with the police and this schizophrenia talk." She sighed, "And your house..."

"What's wrong with my house?"

She stared at you, giving you a 'you don't know?' look, before she grabbed the TV remote and switched it on. The screen snapped into an image of a house in flames, firefighters were trying their best to put the flames out, and it was clear that it was too late. The house was gone.

"That's..."

"Your home, up in smoke." Your mother stated, "You have nowhere in this town, nowhere to stay. And no job."

She gave you a scowl and you cringed back slightly, "No job (Y/N), you should have had one by now. It's clear you can't live on your own yet, and you'll be coming home, no if or buts."

You sighed, before turning back to the TV, watching as the fire reached for the sky, completely burning your house to smithereens.

-I hope Laughing Jack is okay...-

***No actual research went into this, (only for the word because I can't spell :)) I just made this shit up so don't take my word for it and I apologise. This is just for plot. I apologise for the inaccuracy and the lies. I just couldn't be stuffed to do research... Sorry...

Again sorry it's short, motivation is honestly out the window so bear with me please.
Otherwise I hope you enjoyed it.
Haven Out!!!