Chapter 11

1 WEEK LATER

~Your P.O.V~

It was strange. You had never really felt lonely before. Alone yes, but you were alright with that, you were also alright with not talking to anyone for a while. But after having Laughing Jack around, you were starting to question it.

Which was strange, because he had been trying to kill you.

Although, after that incident, he had helped you. He helped you heal, and he had been giving you candies. You weren't sure what his goal was the night you cleaned his wounds, but you knew something had changed.

As you had spoken too him, even though you really didn't want to, it had felt... Normal-ish. It felt good to talk to someone about why you left, even though it wasn't important.

But then he disappeared, as if he was erased from time. You had wondered where he went off to that day, and your questions had been answered the next. Officer Della had knocked on your door, telling you how another child had been murdered. Boy, that conversation was a relief.

~Flashback~

"What now?" You asked, opening the front door.

Officer Della stood there, holding his fist up as if to knock again, "(Y/N). I was just here to inform you that another child had been murdered, and this time it was clearly not found in your house."

"Obviously." You stated, crossing your arms, "And?"

"Well... Looking at the time it had happened, and our cameras on your house, we have no other option then to cross you off our suspect list." He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, "Which means... We're back to square one... I'm sorry for doubting you (Y/N)."

"Well it's about time.." You said, "But look, just forget it ever happened okay?"

"Wait, I'm not finished. You mentioned a monstrous clown yes? I didn't believe you at first but... Now it's our only lead."

"Oh..." You bit your lip, "Want to... Run the 'monstrous clown' past me again...? I uh...Don't remember much..."

"And why don't you remember?" He raised a brow, stepping forward.

"Because... I was sleep deprived and... Talking about my nightmares... What I was dreaming about..."

He stopped, staring at you. A moment of awkward silence passed, your heart was beating in your ears. Finally he sighed and shook his head.

"Okay well... Thank you for your time... We'll take the cameras down immediately, and you'll be able to go about your day."

"Thank you." You closed the door, before leaning against it and sighing.

Why did you defend Laughing Jack? Why did you lie to the only person that would have been able to help you? That probably would have believed you?

Groaning, you pressed your palms to your eyes. God this was getting messy. But at least you could go shopping now.

~Back to Present~

It had been a week, and the silence was starting to drive you mad. The TV was like white noise whenever you watched it, not taking anything in. You had been feeding on the candy LJ had left behind, thankful to have a lot in your cupboard.

But now you were out, and you were going to have to walk to the candy shop, see George again, and probably talk about the psycho murderer that is slaughtering the children. And you won't mention how you know him. You won't mention how he tried to kill you and you looked after his wounds.