Chapter 26: Unmasked Secrets

I burst into Volt's basement.

      I was still weak and tired, I knew I needed a doctor, but it wasn't important enough.

      I searched the basement, room by room. I practically tore it apart. Volt wasn't here..

      I flew upstairs and walked down the hallway, something caught my eye and I stopped.

      I looked to my right and saw Volt sitting delicately at the dining room table. She was eating tomato soup.

      I raised an eyebrow and entered the dining room, "the hell?" I asked, very irritated.

      Volt didn't look up from her bowl.

      "Can I have my mask back? At least I'll have my dignity." I demanded sternly.

      "No." Volt murmured softly.

      "And why is that?" I argued, placing my hands on my hips.

      Volt stood up and walked away from the table, farther from me. She slowly and quietly approached the dusty and old window, her back turned towards me.

      "What is this?" I asked. "You were going to kill me and now you don't even have anything to say?"

      "You broke me." Volt spoke.

      "What are you talking about?" I slowly walked closer to her.

       "Of all the people that could have become a superhero, why you?" Volt demanded angrily.

      I shrugged annoyingly, "superheroes are only needed to stop people like you."

      Volt sighed, her shoulders shrunk down. "Oh, Cami.." She whimpered softly.

      My eyes widened, "wait, what?"

      Volt took off her mask and her helmet. "I'm sorry.." She turned around to face me.

      I put a hand to my mouth in awe. I slowly stepped closer to examine her in the dim light. Tears flowed down my cheeks. "Clementine?" I whispered.

The end