Chapter 24. Volt Meets Dr. Henry

"This is crazy." Alexa muttered as she read the newspaper.

"What? The part about Volt murdering people left and right, or the part about how the ice cream shop is closing down?" Richie spoke sarcastically through bites of his cheeseburger.

I leaned back in the large booth we all sat in, I was in between Clementine and Will. "Richie, none of this is funny." I groaned.

Brayden frowned, "he wasn't trying to be funny."

I rolled my eyes and ate another french fry. "Whatever. Sorry, I'm just angry at this whole thing."

Will gently squeezed my hand, "I'm sure Astrid will put a stop to it all."

Tanya scratched her head, "Welp, I'm going to leave. I honestly don't have any appetite and I'm exhausted." She stood up and walked out.

Alexa stood, "she's my ride. I'll catch you guys later!" She exited the booth and the diner.

Brayden stood up and wiped his mouth with his sleeve, "I'm leaving too. Richie, cmon. We were going to play Overwatch, remember?"

Richie stretched, "alright, I'm coming. See you guys."

It was just Clementine, Will and I.

Clementine chewed on her straw and glanced at me, "you look depressed. Everything alright, Cami?"

I leaned my elbow on the table, "no." I mumbled.

"Anything we can do?" Will asked.

I shifted in my seat, "no."

"Do you want to go back to the dorm?" Clementine asked.

"No."

"Do you need to go outside and get some air?" Will asked worriedly.

"No."

Clementine stood up and banged her fist against the table angrily, "for pete's sake, Camila! Stop moping around about Volt. Everything will be alright because Astrid will save us!"

I slowly tilted my head up, "how do you know?"

Clementine looked taken aback, "what?"

"How do you know that Astrid will save the day? She's just a human being. All of this could be so stressful for her!" I raised my voice.

Clementine took a deep breath and calmed down, "Then you need to have faith. I'm going to go.. I'll see you later." And with that, she left.

I rested my head in my hands and groaned.

"Camila, everything will be alright. You don't need to worry about a thing." Will spoke softly.

"I need to step outside." I muttered, leaving the booth.

~

In just a few short minutes, Will exited the diner to join me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude." I apologized softly.

"It's okay. I understand. All of what's going on is frightening. I understand that's it's stressing you out." Will said gently.

I turned to face him, "will it be alright in the end?" I asked desperately.

He grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. "I hope so." He murmured.

He pulled away and kissed my forehead, "we should probably go."

I nodded, "yeah."

~

(Volt's Point Of View)

Meanwhile.

"It's almost complete!!" I cackled excitedly as I finished up the robots I had created.

"Tomorrow." I sighed happily. "Tomorrow, I will end Williamsburg once and for all."

I grabbed my remote control and pushed the on button, awakening my precious robots. "You will make me very proud tomorrow." I paused, "but first, I need to pay a certain doctor a certain visit..."

~

I burst down the door of an old warehouse just slightly uptown. I slowly walked down a hallway, lightning sparkling from my fingertips.

I blew down a door and saw a doctor. He had black hair and a scruffy face. He turned around and looked at me in terror.

      I approached him slowly, "you. You must be Doctor Henry Smith, correct?" I smiled sweetly.

      He straightened his lab coat and nodded, "yes. May I help you, Volt?"

      I smiled evilly, "yes. Indeed."