Chapter 3: The Experiment

A man walked into the small room. He was tall and muscular, a frown on his face. Rather scary if you ask me. He was wearing a white coat and tight jeans that were shorter than the usual. The dark black hair on his head was slicked back and obviously full of hair gel. His face was rough-looking and needed a shave.

In complete fear, I scrambled to climb out the window, but before I could escape, my ankle was grabbed and I fell to the ground.

"Owww.." I muttered as I rubbed my skinned knee. "W-what do you want with m-me..?"

"I need you for an experiment, " He said as he pulled me upwards.

"B-but why me.?"

"You're special Camila."

   "Wait, how the heck do you know my name?! And what makes you think I'm so special??"

    "You'll understand everything very soon." He chuckled, "My name is Henry Smith, or Dr. Smith. I'll be back soon. Until then, you better not leave."

He picked up the chair, stepped out of the room, closed the door, and locked it.

"What does he want with me??" I muttered under my breath. I looked up towards the now-opened window, but I knew I was too short to get up there without help. Tears filled my eyes as I curled up in a small corner. My hands were covered in dirt and cobweb strands. My hair was mangled and rough, and my face.. Who knows how awful my face probably looks....

A day has passed since I've been locked in this disgusting place. My tears have stopped running down my blood-red cheeks. The expression on my face was calm, though I surely wasn't.

I haven't had anything to eat or drink the whole time I've been here. I placed my hand on my stomach as it grumbled, all the while just staring at the door.

Hoping, it would open..
Wishing, someone would find me..
Wondering, if I'd ever leave this horrible place..

The dark grey door creaked open. I slowly looked up to see the "doctor" standing before me.

"C'mon, let's go." He ordered gruffly.

I immediately got up and followed him out the door. I slowly trudged behind him as we walked down a very long, and eerie hallway. There wasn't but a single door except the one at the end of the hall.

    On the walk there I was thinking. Could I take this guy? I mean, I do know karate and all.. Yeah, I think I could totally take him down! I was getting much more confident with my self pep-talks.

I tripped him with my foot and started running. I ran to the door up ahead with all the speed I had in my body. Panting, I reached the door, opened it, and ran in.

Inside, there was a white hospital bed. A table covered with many different surgery tools here and there. The walls were very clean and shiny, as was the white tiled floor. There were white cabinets surrounding one side of the room. Two very different looking doors were at the end of this room.

Forgetting that I was running away, the man opened the door and grabbed me.

"HELP!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!" I screamed as loud as I could.

Henry placed a cotton cloth to my mouth and I fell, completely unconscious.

•••••••••••

I awoke, strapped in the hospital bed with Dr. Henry in the chair right next to me. He was turned away from me, but in the corner of my eye I could see he was holding something small in his hands...

A Syringe! Oh no, I'm deathly afraid of needles! I don't even know if this guy is an actual Doctor! What if he injects me with a deadly virus or something??

"W-what is t-that for??"

He turned to me with a devilish grin. "An experiment I've been working on for years now, and it's finally ready! Scared? Don't worry, it won't hurt.. Me!" He cackled as he grabbed my arm with the syringe in his other hand. "You'll be a new person when you wake up after this." He slowly injected my arm with the needle.

An excruciating pain traced across my arm and was quickly traveling through every inch of my body. I screamed in absolute agony but no noise left my mouth. My body was violently shaking and my head felt like it was on fire! All I wanted was for the pain to end. The veins in my arms were popping out and the skin that wrapped my body was now more pinkish than usual.

Looking upward slightly, I saw a beautiful night sky filled with billions of stars. This calmed my mind a bit...