[38] hate

me and diego went to the living room, where there was two huge boxes of pizza laying on the table

me and diego went to the living room, where there was two huge boxes of pizza laying on the table. diego and me sat on the couch, this time, we sat beside skies, because it was the only place left for us two. but of course diego wouldn't let me sit beside skies, so he sat beside him. making skies sigh and roll his eyes while he looked to his side.

i got a slice of pizza from the box that was laying on the coffee table for diego and then one for me. diego thanked me and smiled, while skies was also getting a slice for himself. skies leaned forward to get it, and he stared at me until he got his slice and went back to sitting straight.

we were all eating in silence until lana started talking: "aye, we should go somewhere. it's boring in here." she suggested, while looking around everyone's face.

"yeah, i think it's better." i replied, then biting on the slice again. maybe skies gets distracted and won't be mad all the time. i hate seeing him like this.

"are y'all planning on going in the water?" skies asked, as landon was the the only one to nod, but then he shrugged seeing no one would go in.

everybody agreed, and we decided to go to the beach, since the sun was still shining and it wasn't cold.

we ended up going all in one car since it would fit. me and diego went in the front seat while the three went in the back seats.

we drove to the a beach nearby and after getting our stuff out of the truck, we sat on the sand and started talking about random stuff.

i would always glance at skies, getting his attention back at me. he was sitting beside landon, with his legs close to his chest and his arms laying on his knees.

"kota, come here, let's play something." lana said turning around to look at both me and diego. we sat beside lana and formed a circle.

"what are we playing?"

"nothing much, just uno." lana replied and i nod, soon getting my cards.

we played uno for a long time, until it was 1 in the morning, to be more specific

we played uno for a long time, until it was 1 in the morning, to be more specific. when the last round ended, we decided it was time to go back home.

diego drove us home, because skies' car was also there, so we had to go back there anyways.

we all left the car and went to say our goodbyes; lana and landon hugged and kissed far from us, leaving me, diego, and skies alone. not a good idea, huh?

but as soon as lana and landon walked away, skies turned around and went in his car, saying not even one word.

"shit..." diego said while looking at skies. "he's mad, isn't he?" diego joked, staring at skies. i didn't want to say something wrong, so i just nodded my head. landon and lana soon came back landon said goodbye for both me and diego and headed to skies' car.

diego pulled me by the hand to go back in his car. he sat down on the passenger seat and pulled me to sit on his lap. "aw, diego! it's really tight here, you know..." i said while he closed the door.

"i know but i honestly don't wanna go up to your apartment. i'm too lazy for this shit." he giggled. "and i see no problem with it. it's really tight. the tighter the better." he said almost in my lips. we were really close to each other as stated — it's really tight.

he pecked on my lips and looked inside my eyes. i hate when he does that because i feel intimidated. "i love your eyes." he murmured.

"thanks, i love yours too." i said and kissed his forehead. "what are we doing here, after all?"

"just talking. we had a lotta drama today. it's great to be alone. just you and me. no one saying bullshit about us." he started slowly running his fingers through my hair. "i hate when skies is around. just like i hate him sometimes." he muttered, making it almost impossible for me to hear. but i did.

"you don't need to hate him..."

"but i do." he shrugged and kept playing with my hair.

"he made mistakes and they were bad. but hate... it's a bit too much. he even said he regret it, doesn't erase it but he deserves forgiveness just like any other person." i said in a serious tone. diego stopped what he was doing and went back to staring at me.

"he fucked up, kota. and he kept fucking it up at the moment when he started dating that same girl he cheated on you with." i arched my eyebrows to his words — what did he mean with all of that?

"i don't care about it. it's in the past. if i don't care about it, you shouldn't either."

"but i do." i rolled my eyes and opened the door. trying to leave diego's car but i was stopped by himself. "are you really mad over this?" i didn't answer, just kept trying to get out of his grip. "you still like him, don't you? huh?" he finally let go of my wrist and i speed walked away, headed to the elevator.

diego stepped outside his car and soon i heard quick footsteps behind me. diego ran to me and hold my forearm. "don't. please we shouldn't end our first day together like this. i'm sorry, alright? i didn't mean to hurt you or... i don't know. you're right. he's a human just like any other person."

i let out a sigh and nodded. diego was right. we shouldn't end our first day together like this. diego pulled me to a hug and i hugged back. he left a kiss in the top of my head. "sorry."

"it's fine. are you going home already?" is it wrong to say i wished he would say yes? i just felt like it would be better for me. i would have my time alone. i could think alone. lie on my bed and don't bother with anything.

"yes... but i'll see you tomorrow?" i nod. "see you tomorrow then, babe." diego briefly kissed me before he walked away to his car and left.

" diego briefly kissed me before he walked away to his car and left

author's note(s)

huh i got 5 chapters of the next book written already y'all!1!1!!!1!1!!1! also i've been so tired lately omg