[33] sort thing out / friends

"so did i

"so did i." i replied and we kept in silence.

"are we okay now? or do you hate me?" skies asked as he stroked my lower back.

"i never hated you."

"you should." he said and i giggled, getting away from his body and facing him.

"so do you want me to hate you?"

"hell no!" he giggles. "i'm just saying it would be understandable." skies said as he looked away.

i stared at his face for another while. i could spend the rest of my life doing this. his eyes were the perfect brown, and so was his skin. his hair had the best curls and could turn into the best braids i've ever seen. his nose was perfect and so was his lips. his lips moved in a way that no other could. "i love you."

"what?" he giggled; his face showing surprise, unbelief.

"shit." in a quick move i covered my mouth as i realized what i had just said and we both laughed. "i shouldn't have said that." i looked down, nervously giggling.

"i love you too." he took my hand into his. "does you boyfriend know you're here?" he asked and i frowned.

"diego?" skies nodded. "he's not my boyfriend."

a smirk formed on skies face and he put both his hands on my body: one on the back of my neck and the other on my cheek. "then i don't think he'll mind if we just..." skies then pulled my head against his.

the exact time our lips touched i felt like another person. it's like i felt completed, i felt new, relieved. i had now satisfied my biggest wish.

it's like our lips would move in synchronization every time we kissed. like our bodies would have the best reaction when with each other. it's like... we were made for each other.

and i know that sounds crazy or stupid, and a lot cliche. but it's what i feel. i feel like he's the one i should spend the rest of my life with.

i wrap my arms around his neck and he lowers his hand to my waist, gripping it.

but then i realize something, am i not doing the same thing he did to me, with diego? won't diego feel the same way i felt? against my will, i pulled away instantly.

"did i go too fast? i'm sorry." skies said as he noticed something was wrong.

"no, not at all... i just... fuck." i wish i could call diego and tell him we're not gonna go anywhere so i could continue what i had just stopped. but that wouldn't be okay. that would be the worst thing i would've done.

"what? tell me, i swear i'll make anything to get us back together." he held both my arms, but this time he was gentle.

"it's something i have to do."

"what is it? maybe i can help." he looked so worried and so adorable right now. i couldn't help but smile.

"shit. i just don't wanna make diego feel what i felt. me and diego aren't dating, but neither were us. i don't wanna make him go through what i went through." i told him and he nodded, biting his lips. i know what he's doing.

"you're right. and i'm sorry."

"i didn't say it to make you feel bad," i smiled. "but until i sort things out with diego, i think it's better if we just... stay as friends." the rest of happiness that was visible on him was now gone. i didn't want to do it. i wish i could keep kissing him and sleep tight with him. but i just can't, diego was so good for me, i just can't do it. it hurts just thinking about how bad he would feel.

"no, i get you. well, at least we're all good now." he smiled. i nodded at him and hugged him.

"i think i should go." i say looking down at our bodies. i wish they were touching, with no clothes.

"don't..." he said faking a crying voice. "i'll miss you."

"i'll miss you too." i smile and so does he.

"okay, you're free to go." he puts his hands up; i giggle and get up from the floor, followed by him, that does the same. "do you want me to drop you home?" he asks putting his hands inside his pockets.

"please...?" i ask shyly. he giggles and walk inside his house, getting the keys.

"lana asked me to tell you she'll be home before midnight." he says as we both walk to his car.

i nod my head and get on the passenger seat, as skies starts driving. "we could hang out any day. as friends." he says the last two words and rolls his eyes playfully; then he winks at me and we laugh.

"yeah, we should."