[20] fuck being sober

they're not gon get together as fast as they started catching feelings for each other, even though this chapter makes it look like it y'all will see

"ok..." i answered and looked at her. i lied my head down on her legs that were stretched and looked up to face her starting at me with her eyebrows arched, in a confused expression.

her confused expression soon faded away as she kept smoking the blunt she had in her hands. i didn't even bother on asking her to pass it, i loved how she looked while smoking it.

"fuck being sober." she says from nothing.

"let's enjoy the high!" i reply suddenly standing up and pulling her by the hand to outside — not caring about the rain that fell on our skin.

it was a beautiful night. just me and her acting like crazy under the rain that fell from the clouds, while running until we got to a bridge. we sat down by the grid and looked down to see water flowing down.

"i honestly love bridges." she says and i nod.

"it's cool..."

"cool? it's fucking beautiful. i used to go to a bridge near to where my mom lives to take pictures from up there. i'd try different angles every day, each day getting better on the photography game." she told me as i watched every move of hers. she spoke beautifully.

"that's crazy, i'd love to see them!" i say looking down and paying attention to the details, pretending i would some day try to take pictures from here, like her. i wanted to see the beauty of the simplest things, like her.

"wait," she said, getting her phone from her side pocket. "right, more one to the collection!" she giggled and showed me the picture she had just taken.

"that's annoying me, doesn't it annoy you?" i say putting some of her hair that was blocking her vision back.

"stop with this flirty shit from movies!" she playfully slaps my hand.

"aw! for real that was annoying me!" i chuckle.

"you got your braids all over your face too, you dumbass!" she says putting her hand on my hair, that for now had no braids on it.

as she put her hands on my hair i did the same, putting mines on hers. we were trying to block each other from doing it but eventually we fell — though we were already on the ground, sitting.

both of us chuckled. "gotcha!" i joke, seeing that i was now over her, making her unable to mover her arms, keeping them away from my hair as i messed with hers.

"stop it!" a laugh left her mouth and then we both stared at each other.

i lied down where i was before i got over her body and looked up to the sky full of stars.

she puts her hands back in her pocket and then brings it to her mouth, then smiling and leaning in. i lean in too... and we kiss.

i didn't even get time to enjoy the kiss, with a quick move she put her tongue in my mouth, making me surprised. but with it i felt something that didn't feel like her tongue. i pull away immediately and spit it in my hand.

it was a white tab, it looked like a xanax tab.

"the fuck?!" i frown and say looking at her goofy face.

"just take it!"

"no!" she chuckles as i throw it off the grid. "not funny! not at all!"

"yesssss it isssssss! it's just a xanax tab, you silly!" she keeps laughing, non stop.

"you're on it?" she nods clenching her eyes.

"just a lil bit!" she gesticules with her hands, looking like a kid. i knew something was wrong right when she picked my phone call.

"get the fuck up." i say, doing as i told her to.

"why?"

"just do it! ion wanna be with you if you high."

"thought you wanted us to enjoy the high..." she faked a sad face and stands up.

"not from these types of drugs. how many did you take?" i question her, walking outta the highway.

"two, i think?"

"you think?" she nods and i roll my eyes.

"it's cold..." she says when we finally do get away from the bridge.

luckily, i live close to the bridge, so it wouldn't be a long walk. "too bad you were way too high to care about getting your hoodie." i joke, but it really pissed me off. "take mine." i say as i take it off and give it too her.

"aw, thanks." she smiles and puts it on. "you mad at me?"

"you do what you want, we ain't shit, isn't that right?" she shrugs off.

"why?"

"what?"

"why are you so mad at me?" she said looking at me the whole time. for a second, i thought she had asked why we 'ain't shit'.

"you know i ain't like these drugs."

"but you like weed. you told me that these drugs wouldn't change who i am." she smiles and looks straight now.

"you know the difference."

"but you're really mad at me?" she asked approaching, as she stopped us and hugged me tight by the waist. i frown, but hug her back.

"nope, but i still don't like it."

"i'm sorry baby." as she says that word i froze again. but soon her kiss on my cheek warmed me up and we started walking again.