[15] diego

warning! big ass chapter, making it up for those days ya gurl aint update. enjoy.

i went to this club, sublime

i went to this club, sublime. me and lana used to come here every month. but we stopped doing that. i don't even know why. i think we got too busy for that.

"it's been a long time, kota!" the bartender — drake — spoke to me. i smiled and nodded.

"indeed. how's things?" i asked trying to be nice. i sat down on the stool and looked behind the young man seeing all the drinks. i haven't been drinking any of those since... well, y'all know.

"great, actually... oh, i guess you don't know... me and jane got engaged!" he told me and surprise was all over my face. i knew drake from university, before i gave up on it.

"when did that happen?!"

"three months ago!" he replied with happiness. they make such a cute couple.

"congrats! i knew it wasn't just a temporary relationship!" those words hurt. they deeply hurt. drake was a kind, young, british man. as i said, i met him in college. he was my first friend back there. it was him who introduced lana to me. and it was me who introduced jane — his now fiancée — to
him. we, me and jane, used to be best friends. we didn't get in a fight or anything... i just... pushed her away, as i do with everyone...

why i left college? well, i had to pay to stay in college. and i did, for a small amount of time. it was my mom who used to pay it, but then... when she kicked me out she also stopped paying it — which makes total sense. i moved in with lana and her family — which were really kind to me, they accepted me in their house without hesitating, along the time i felt more comfortable in their house and talked to them the same way i talk to lana, a bit more polite, though. they were like my second family back then. later me and lana rented an apartment with a good space for both of us in la. the college wasn't in los angeles, which only made things worse. but it was mine and lana's dream to live in los angeles, and also, lana works with the music shit and la is the best place for her job, so we felt like we needed to move there. and living with a friend... all the bills and stuff just made it impossible to travel to college everyday... i just couldn't keep paying the university. so i gave up on it. i only stayed a few months attending there, but it was enough for me to know everything i know about photography and a bit more, it helped me a lot.

he giggles and then gives me a small glass. "seems like you were right!" he turns around and holds a bottle with a clear liquid in his hands. he pours it in the small cup and gives it to me. "your favourite..." he added and winked. "so tell me, what happened to you? haven't seen you in ages!"

"yeah... i know. well, some family problems. i had stopped drinking, that's why i never came back. didn't even know if you were still working here."