35

"Grandma, please?" Isla begged. They were sitting at the dining table eating their lunch when the conversation aroused.

"I know how much you miss him girls, but I'm just not ready yet." Their nervous grandmother explained.

"Why?" Ava asked, earning a sigh from the old lady.

"That's none of your business." She said, before walking into the kitchen and proceeding to wash up.

***
Next day

The corridor was not long white and bland, as Zach had imagined it to be. It was white, but at the same time it was full of sunlight from the glass roof and the wall were covered in various different artworks, making it homely and nice.

He didn't know where he was going, so he followed Corbyn  closely, until they reached a second desk.

"Name?" The lady asked Corbyn.

"Corbyn Besson." He said. The assistant looked down at her computer and typed it in, before looking back up at him.

"You are here to see Jordan, I presume." She said, a bright smile on her face.

"Yes." Corbyn replied and walked away from the desk.

Nervously, Zach took a step forwards to the plump lady, who's name tag read 'mrs small." Zach thought that was ironic and it put a smile on his face.

"Name?" Zach Herron." He said, watching the lady type the name in.

"You haven't been here before, have you." She asked. Zach shook his head. "Who are you here to see?" She asked.

"Jack Avery." He replied. The lady looked up to him and smiled a toothy smile.

"Great!" She exclaimed. "You're his first ever visitor." She pointed to the door, signalling that he should go inside, which he did.

He saw Corbyn an Jordan and a few other kids deep in discussion with various other people. He looked around more and saw an anxious looking teen who he immediately recognized as Jack.

They caught each others eyes and Jack leaped up, running over to the younger teen and pressing their bodies together. Zach noticed that Jack had tears rolling down his cheeks and a big smile plastered on his face. Zach's tummy fluttered and neither boy wanted to let go.

They stood their for a couple of minutes before Jack pulled away. He let the teen to a drawing station where he picked up a crayon and piece of paper before starting to write on it and passing it to Zach.

Thank you.

It read. Zach smiled and pulled the curly haired boy into another

"I love you." Zach whispered into Jack's ear, holding him tight. "And I need you as much as you need me."

That was the moment Jack knew he no longer wanted to die. He wanted to stay here in Zach's arms forever. He wanted Zach to be his.

"I w-want you t-t-t-o be m-mine." He whispered back to Zach, before breaking down crying.

It was the first thing he had said to a living person for 6 years.

"I'm sure we can make that happen." Zach whispered back in complete shock that the boy had just spoken.

***
Later that day

Zach had arrived back home from the hospital and immediately fell onto the sofa. A humongous grin was plastered on his face as he sighed, happily.

His mom was on the sofa, sewing a pattern onto a piece of cloth.

She looked over to him, also smiling. "You look like you've just had a really good date," she commented.