33

Everyone in the hospital was high spirits because today was visiting day.  Jordan was especially exited to see his brother who apparently hadn't come last week. The curly haired boy assumed no visitors were coming to see him, even though his sisters would be begging his grandma who would be more focused on her knitting. 

The group was ushered into the activity room, where their  friends and family would meet them. He sat at the coloring station with Jacob ,w ho like Jack would not be receiving any visitors. Jack wasn't focused on the piece of paper he was working on. He instead kept glancing round the room to see who had came in. 

one of the times that he had looked up, he saw a blond haired boy standing at the door. He immediately recognized the boy as Corbyn. In other words, he was Zach's friend. Jack immediately looked down and scribbled three words on the paper.

'i need zach'

he looked up, but the boy was gone. he sighed, falling back on his chair. Jacob looked over to Jack's piece of paper and read the short sentence on it. 

"who's Zach?" he asked. Jack sighed again, smiling. he placed a hand on his heart. "Do you like him?" Jacob asked, earning a nod from the other teen.  Jack looked around the room once more, spotting Jordan sitting with Corbyn. He watched the pair talking for a few minutes before he observed Corbyn standing up and walking in the direction of the toilets. Jack shot up, walking towards the teen. 

He tapped him in the shoulder, making him turn around. With his eyes full of fear he handed him the note before running off and sitting back down.

"Jordan's brother knows him?" Jacob asked once the teen had sat back down. He nodded and Started drawing a picture. 

***

Corbyn recognized the boy as soon as he turned around. He looked Scared as he clutched his paper. The teen was about to say something as the boy shoved the paper in his hand and ran away. 

although the writing was clearly rushed, it remained neat and tidy. Corbyn looked back to his brother, who was now watching him. He looked back down to the paper and up at Jack before turning around and walking into the toilets and having his pee. 

He walked out and his brother ushered him over from the other side of the room. the blond shook his head, holding up one finger. He turned to the Coloring area and started walking over. 

Jordan stood up, walking towards his brother. "Bean, what are you doing?" he asked, watching him sit down next to Jack. The Curly haired boy looked at him.

"Do you really want to see him?" Corbyn asked. Jack nodded. 

"Corbyn, what are you doing?" Jordan asked, standing behind the couch. Corbyn ignored his brother, focusing on the Curly haired boy. 

"I promise you, I'll bring him next week, okay?" Jack nodded, hugging the older boy before standing up.

"What was that all about?" Jordan asked his brother as they walked away. 

"He's a friend of a friend," Corbyn said.

"He's my rommate, Corbs. Who's his Friend?"

"his friend? Zach." He replied. 

"why did you talk to him?" Corbyn sighed. He knew That Jordan didn't want him to give his time to anyone else, but this was something that felt necessary. 

"I told him I'd bring Zach to see him next week."