1

Zach walked into school, laughing at a joke he had just been told by his best friend, Jonah. He turned his head to see a curly haired boy looking at him.

"Hi," he said. The boy didn't reply. His eyes went wide as he shook his head and ran off. The teen looked at Jonah, confused.

"What a weird kid," Jonah replied, as confused as Zach.

"Cute, though," Zach whispered into his best friends ear.

Except from his parents, Jonah was the only person who knew Zach was gay. They met in the park one summer when Jonah was kicking a soccer ball at a wall. Zach walked up to him and asked if he wanted someone to play with. Jonah said yes and they played and chatted for hours, When ever they could. When school came around, they became inseparable.

***
Zach picked up his tray and headed over to his and Jonah's table. They didn't have any classes together, because Jonah is 3 years older than Zach.

"Hey bro," Jonah said as he sat down.

"Hey," Zach replied, smiling at the older boy. He took a bite of his sandwich, watching the curly haired boy eat his. He was sitting in the far corner of the lunch hall, on his own. He was interrupted when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked up.

"Corbyn!" He said, putting his hand on his heart. "You scared me!" The blonde laughed, before sitting next to Zach.

"You looked pretty lost in thought, there buddy." Corbyn said. "What's on your mind?"

The younger teen shrugged, and carried on eating.  Corbyn laughed. "Late night?" He asked.

"Yeah," Zach replied, happy to get off of the subject. He looked Jonah's way to find him smiling at the teen.

Zach looked back to were the boy was sitting, to find him gone. Jonah picked up his phone and sent a message to Zach.

Bronah- my house after school 😉

(Seen, 12:42)

Zach look at His best friend and nodded and a silence settled in the air.

"Guys, guess what?" Corbyn said, braking the silence. The two boys looked at him.

"My NASA t-shirt came this morning!" The blonde was nearly jumping out of his seat in excitement.

"Is that all you wanted to tell us?" Zach replied, laughing at the older boys' enthusiasm. He shook his head.

"My guitar is fixed as well," he said, still smiling.

"So your coming to band tomorrow?" Jonah asked. Corbyn nodded. The boys were in the school band which was on Tuesdays and Fridays.

"Finally!" Zach says, throwing his arms up in the air. "You haven't been for weeks. The blonde nodded.

"I really miss it, you know," he informs them.

"As you keep saying," Jonah replied.

"Alright, see you later," the blonde says whilst standing up.

"Where you going?" Zach asked as he watched him tip the remainders of his food in the trash. Corbyn looked up at the younger teen.

"Library," he replied and picked is bag up.

"Could of guessed that,"  Zach said as the boy walked away.

"Nerd," Jonah said. Zach burst out laughing, not able to contain it.

Corbyn looked back at the teens, a confused look placed on his face. Their laughing intensified. He mouthed the word "what" to them, before turning on his heels and walking out.

"Oh my life, Jo!" Zach said once he was finally able to contain his laughter.

"But he is," Jonah said shrugging, a huge grin still plastered on is face.

"And this is why I'm friends with you," Zach says, leaning across the table and patting the older teen on his shoulder.