31

Jack's hopefulness was short-lived. He soon found himself back down the hole he came from. It didn't help that Jack's grandfather was an alcoholic, meaning there was alcohol all over the house in Easy reach of Jack.

 He started using it as a coping mechanism when he was in his worst State of Mind. He didn't have much; just enough to make all the pain go away. He always made sure he never got completely drunk, except one night when that rule was broken. 

He was in so much pain mentally he couldn't stop himself. He drank and drank and drank until he could not drink anymore because he had passed out on his bed. His  depression was worse than it has ever been which he partly put down to the fact that his therapy Sessions had stopped as he had moved out of town and away from where they were held. He didn't go to school as often as he wanted but he had permission to miss  after the school was informed about the state of his mental health. He needed help. He needed help more than ever before.

His drinking habits got worse and worse as the weeks went on and he began to become addicted. He began to drink less, meaning he wouldn't pass out, but instead he became more suicidal. His sister's had informed their Grandma that the curly-haired boy was acting a little strange, but the old woman told them it was 'just hormones'

 He ran away, one night after having a few drinks and threw himself in front of a car, landing him in hospital once more. Isla and Ava had acquired a morbid hatred towards their grandmother who didn't believe that there was something truly wrong. 

The doctors all decided that it would be better to put the teen in a mental hospital for the time being as his mental health was deteriorating more and more on a daily basis. 

***

Jack arrived at the hospital and was given a wrist band which was put on his wrist. He was introduced to  a few staff members before he was shown to his room.

"This is where you'll be staying," the nurse explained, smiling.

"your roommate, Jordan should be in there now. Jack nodded, full of fear as the door was opened. In the room sat a teenage boy who had dirty blond hair and was reading a book. 

"Jordan?" The nurse called out. The teen looked up from his book and smiled. 

"hello," he replied, placing his book down and looking towards the teen who was nervously fiddling with his fingers, his heart racing. Jack smiled back.

" Jordan, This is your roommate, Jack."   the nurse introduced the two boys to each other.

she had told him that Jordan had got here 3 days ago and was a year younger. "i'll leave you two alone then," she said, ushering Jack into the room and shutting the door.  

Jack stood there clutching his bag awkwardly  for a second until The younger teen spoke up.  "it's not really too bad here, you know," Jack looked up. "i'll explain everything to you after you unpack," Jordan said, pointing to his bed.
He looked back down to his book and Jack unpacked his few belongings and sat on his bed. 

Jordan looked back up. "you done?" He asked, earning a nod from Jack. "Because it is a mental hospital and many of the patients have self harmed, you wont be able to find a sharp object anywhere. there's no pencils, no knives, nothing that doesn't have rounded edges." Jack nodded.

"seriously, you should see the toothbrushes they give us."  That comment made Jack smile. "have you cut before? I have," Jack nodded. "that's the reason i'm here. look." He held out his arms, letting Jack look at them.