24

Daniel was dying. The crash had caused a huge cut in his leg, leaving him with a serious amount of nerve damage in his leg, making him a monoplegic. He had also lost a dangerous amount of blood and his heart as had to be restarted twice.

Daniel's dad was dodging between his son and wife, scared of losing them. He burst into his son's room, immediately rushing over to the lifeless teen.

"Mr Seavey?" The doctor called, grabbing the man's attention. "Your son has lost a lot of blood. We could stitch up the wound, but reviewing the situation, I don't believe the survival rates are very high for that. The odds would be much higher if we ampu-"

The doctor was interrupted by the man. "Do anything! I don't care! Save my son, please!"

The doctor nodded, before turning to his staff and ordering a left leg below the knee amputation.

***

"Jonah?" Carrie called to her son, running her hand through his brown hair. "I Love you, but I have work. I think your friends are coming to see you." She kissed the sleeping boy's hand before standing

"Bye baby boy," she said, before gathering her things and leaving the room, leaving Jonah alone with his thoughts.

The teen wanted to move. He wanted to get up. He wanted to go home but when he was lying here on this hospital bed, eyes shut and unable to control a muscle in his body, that wasn't possible.

***
Zach didn't know that Jack had overdosed, until he overheard his mother, in the phone.

He was walking past her study when he heard his mother.

"Jack won't be coming because?" His mother asked before pausing.

Zach stopped in his tracks, resting his back against the wall, barely breathing. His mother carried on.

"Oh, really?" She said, slightly surprised.

"Oh dear, maybe we unde-" he could hear the rest of that sentence because of his mother's chair, scraping across the floor.

"Well, if your asking me, we should really evaluate, but I think at the moment, we should put him up there."

Zach's heat was beating out of his chest. Mrs Barnsley was getting rid of him? Why would she do that?

"Yes, certainly." Zach could hear his mother's voice getting closer.

He tiptoed into the living room and opened his phone. He had a text from Corbyn.

I'm visiting Jonah in hospital, wanna come?

He replied with a simple 'yes' just as his mother walked in and called him.

"Zach?" The teen looked up. "I have to visit a kid in hospital."

"Great, Jonah's there as well. Me and Corbs were gonna visit him."

"Why is Jonah there?" Myta asked, earning a shrug from her son.

He looked back down to his phone and send Corbyn another text.

My mom is going to the hospital anyways, she said she'd bring us.

Corbyn replied almost instantly.

Coming now.

***
"Hey Jack, how you doing?" Myta  asked the teen, a huge, welcoming smile plastered on her head.

Jack shrugged. Feeling deflated. He despised hospitals more than anything else in the entire world, and he hated a lot of things.

"I've had a chat with your current guardian, and we have come to an agreement that we should have an evaluating of your mental health, before we decide if you will be going home soon."

Jack shut his eyes and rested he head on the wall, behind him. "Okay?" The therapist asked. Jack gave a half hearted thumbs up.

***
"According to the lady who was with him, the drove to stop a boy from killing himself. They got their and found he had overdosed, proceeding to call an ambulance. They followed the ambulance to the hospital, but we're involved in a major car crash on the way. He's in a coma."

Hearing the nurse run through the events of the terrible day for his Best friends brought back terrifying flashbacks.

He could once more, see Jack's lifeless body laying there. He could feel his head slam through the window. He could hear Daniel's mom's terrified scream.

"Is he okay, is he okay. Tell me he's alive, please." Jonah found himself saying.

He realized he was sitting up, eyes open and talking.

Zach and Corbyn stood wide eyed, not expecting for the older teen to wake from his Coma.

Before they could speak, Zach and Corbyn we're ushered out, whilst Nurses and doctors rushed in.

The two boys could hear endless amounts of screaming coming from the room and tears were falling down their cheeks. Where they scares for their friend? Definitely.

So this is eventful...

I'm crying right now.