13

Monday. A day that Jack in particular, hated. A Start of one more week in hell. But only one.

One week until the holidays.  One week until he saw Daniel. Two weeks to be free.

The curly haired boy stepped inside the building and went straight to the classroom and sat down at His desk.

He hated the morning especially because it is the busiest time.

***

"Class!" the teacher called from the front of the classroom. Jack didn't recognise the voice. He looked up and sighed. A supply.

"Good morning," the voice boomed. "I am Mr Davidson and I will be teaching your lesson today." He tossed the lesson plan that Mr Crupp Had made to the side.

The supply started registering the students. He got to Jack's name. Jack raised his hand.

"No Jack?" He said still no looking at the teens he was supposed to be teaching. Jack raised his hand higher. "Jack?" He asked again. The curly haired boy shot one of his peers a pleasing look. The peer nodded.

"Sir," the boy said. "Hes here, sir."   The teen pointed in Jack's direction. Mr Davidson looked to where the student was pointing to. 

"What's your name?" Jack noticed that some people had started recording. He didn't stop them like he usually does.

"Eben." He answered. Mr Davidson stood up.

"Well, Evan." He started. Eben cringed at the incorrect correction. He started walking towards the curly haired boy "Don't you think that Jack can talk for his self?"

Mr Davidson was right up in Jacks face, making is heart pound out of his chest. Jack hated it when people invaded his personal space.

"Sir stop!" A girl called from the other side of the room, desperation in her voice. "He's clearly distressed!"

Mr Davidson ignored her.

"SPEAK BOY!" He called out loudly making Jack jump. He cowered away. "I said SPEAK!" He repeated, as loudly as the first. A tear rolled down his cheek.

"He can't sir and he won't," one of the boys said, his voice was strong and firm. Jack hadn't ever communicated with the boy so didn't know why he was defending him

"He can and HE WILL!" The teacher shouted at the boy.

"No," he replied calmly. "He won't."

"SPEAK!" Mr Davidson asked once more. Jack had had enough. He grabbed his bag and ran out of the room as fast as he could. "COME BACK HERE THIS INSTANCE!" He chased after him. Jack ran. He ran until he bumped into Mrs Barnsley.

"Jack what the.." she started, seeing the look on his face but stopped as she saw the man behind him and a few members of the class behind him.

"Help," he signed to her as tears flooded down his cheeks.

"Get back in my classroom NOW!" The voice boomed. Some other people had come out to see what the commotion was.

Not liking the attention, the curly haired boy shrunk to the floor and hugged his knees with is head down.

"Stop!" The teaching assistant called out to him, pushing him away from the crying child.

"That boy needs to get back into my classroom this instance and act like a normal child!" He boomed. Jack's crying got even harder as he cowered away more.

He felt two arms wrap around him. "It's alright, it's alright." The soothing voice said, calming him easily. The curly haired boy had butterflies in his stomach which only intensified as the mystery boy  rubbed his hand in circles on his back.

Jack looked up to see to it was and his heart flipped in realisation.

The boy was Jonah's friend.