15

The day that Daniel came was a very important day for both of them.

Although they spoke online, Daniel and Jack hadn't been in acquaintance for 8 months so were both extremely excited to see each other.

Daniels plane landed at 11 in the morning which meant that Jack had more time to get excited about his long distance friend coming over.

Jack and Daniel met online over a forum. They bonded over their struggles with communicating, sending letters to each other about funny experiences they had had.

Jack decided early on that he would never meet up with anyone that he met online but when Jonah found out, it all changed.

Jonah and his mom had planned a surprise for the curly haired boy, in the form of Daniel. They met at the park one day when Jonah said he had someone he wanted to meet.

***

When 10 o clock came and it was time to leave for the airport, Jack was practically jumping out of his seat with excitement.

Mrs Barnsley, on the other hand, wasn't. Yes, she was excited to meet the boy that Jack kept going on and on about, but she had to tell him something that she was absolutely dreading.

The police had found his mother who was fighting for her life in hospital.

***
Jack was on cloud 9 he was so excited, he couldn't keep still.

Daniel was excited to see Jack but was worried about what he had told him. 

As soon as Jack saw his best friend he smiled and ran. Daniel ran too, dropping his bags behind him as they collided into a warm embrace. Both boys had tears of happiness running down their cheeks and their smiles where wide than ever.

"I missed you," Daniel sighed to Jack.

"I missed you too" Jack sighned back to him.

"You too are so cute," Mrs Barnsley said to them. Jack shook his head and Daniel looked at her, confused.

Jack signed to her "He's deaf," Mrs Barnsley nodded.

"Do you want some help carrying your bags?" She asked him. He nodded.

When they got back, the two boys went straight up to Jack's room where they would both be sleeping. Jack helped Dani unpack his bag and when they were done, they sat on the bed, facing opposite each other.

"She's not that bad," Daniel told him.

"It's just a bit weird," Jack signed back. "You know, cause she's a teacher,"

"I know," Daniel moved his leg.

"I still don't know where my mom is, though," he told his best friend, worry written all over his face.

Daniel patted him on the shoulder before signing "I'm sure it will be fine, Jack."

Jack looked down. He didn't know if he could trust him. He didn't know if he could trust anyone. The only person he had fully trusted was his dad and look where he was now.

Dead in a hit and run accident.

***

As soon as they got back to the airport, Mrs Barnsley got straight to cooking everyone lunch. They were having home made chicken nuggets, chips and peas.

Mrs Barnsley had finished cooking and had served the food onto three separate plates. She put the plates on the table and went to get the boys.