Chapter Nineteen

"Now zhat you know what to do... sneak up on me with zhe knife and assassinate me."

"Um... what? I mean I heard you, but you really think I could even do that?" You nervously checked the watch, which told the time. It read 4:38 AM. Not even an hour into Spy training and he wanted you to literally stab him in the back. If he's been doing this for years, what skill do I possibly have to kill him? The fact you were thinking "kill him" so easily made you shudder. What am I becoming?

"Just do it Strategist." His cold demeanor that you saw at the church returned. Any hint of excitement you saw before was gone. How is he so serious?

"R-right." You stole a glance at Medic. He didn't indicate that he heard your conversation despite how loud Spy was talking. You cloaked and stood still for a bit. Then you sneaked up behind him and raised the butterfly knife. Before you could move any further, he whirled around, grabbed your right wrist, and twisted your arm. To keep yourself from shouting in pain you took in air from your teeth, making a small hissing sound.

"You really think you'd get me that easily? Pathetic." He scoffed and threw you back by your arm, adding to the sharp pain. You saw Medic shift in his position a bit through the corner of your eye. "Actually try this time."

You nodded and backed up, holding your arm. Luckily the mask covered the blush from your embarrassment. You twisted your arm in the other direction to ease the pain a bit. It hurt the most at the elbow. You bent your arm as if to show it's fine and regained your composure with a straight face. Spy arched an eyebrow under the mask. Okay. I can do this.

You cloaked and walked silently off. You saw the timer on the watch go down, so you hurried to Spy, crouched, and aimed upwards. He did go for your wrist again and missed, but before the knife hit his back he kicked you, ramming you in the chest. You fell backwards as the wind was knocked out of you. You did your best to mask your pain by sighing and standing up, a little hunched over. You dusted yourself off as you watched Spy's expression get angrier. He was muttering to himself.

"Try again." You did and failed yet again, earning a bruise on the right side of your collar bone. "Try again!"

You were at this until 7:13 AM, and you knew that because you kept checking your watch in dismay. You had aches, pains, and bruises almost all over your body, your right arm having been twisted during multiple attempts. You could barely move it, but you hid your pain to keep from looking like even more of a wimp. Is this what I'll be dealing with?

"What is wrong with 'ou? What happened to ze Strategist ze last time we were in zis arena?" Spy shouted, seeming to reach his breaking point as he walked out. "We'll try zis later when 'ou can actually do somezthing."

"Well, it's not like he really liked me anyway." You groaned, sweating under the stuffy suit.

You got off the ground yet again and dusted yourself off mostly with your left arm, which didn't hurt as bad. You grabbed your pouch, which happened to be hidden in every outfit, and turned Spy's off. You sighed and thought you'd stay for a while, but then you saw Medic staring at you.

You locked eyes with him and raised your eyebrow. He quickly looked away. Alright fine. I think Pyro's cooking breakfast, so I'll go see what he made. With your gaze straight ahead you brushed passed Medic as you felt his stare. As you found your way to the kitchen, Scout ran up to you.

"Heya Strats! Where ya been?" He smiled. "I couldn't find you in da base." You both walked towards the table.

"I was... sort of training with Spy," You sighed.

"Oh man! How did dat go?"

"Horribly, he cut it early because I sucked so much."

"Heh, sucked- But rough!" He laughed. You managed to chuckle at his... not so clever joke, but you really felt defeated. You also didn't feel the need to tell him about the pain in your... all over.

You both took your places at the table. It was a big oval with Medic in front of you, but a little bit to the right. Heavy was directly in front of you, instead. The order of the seating was Engie to your right, then Soldier, Spy on the right end, Demo, Medic, Heavy, Pyro, Scout on the end to the left of you, Sniper on your left, and then you. You didn't mind the seating. It wasn't like you were squished, but you did notice how mostly Engie, along with the others, kept telling Scout to get his feet off of the table. Other than that nothing disturbed you.

You ate with your left hand instead of your right, because your right arm hurt too much to move. No one seemed to notice, but Medic seemed to have, because yet again he was studying you. Really? You noticed him looking at your hand and then at you. You simply sat there trying to ignore it. I have more things to worry about right now. How can I beat Spy? I've tried every angle, position, and was as silent as I could possibly be. What else could I do? You got up without joining in on the conversation, put your dish in the sink, and headed towards your room. I can't believe it's still breakfast time. I'm already worn out.

"Hey Strat!" Scout called as he caught up to you. "Do ya want to play anotha round? I want my title back. Or, I mean we could play a different game. Whatevah you want."

"I would normally say yes, but I need to check in with my parents. If I finish soon, I'll come find you. Deal?" You asked, knowing that you were using your parents as an excuse. They might not have even contacted me yet.

"Okay, deal. I'm gonna take this time to train my skills!" He walked to the living room. You continued on to your room before something grabbed your right elbow and yanked it.

"Ow! Hey that h-!" You started before Medic gave you a sarcastic look.

"Hurts? Ja I noticed," he said and waved to you to follow him. He started walking towards the Medbay.

You walked in silence, holding your elbow. Medic would take a glance back every now and then to make sure you were still behind him.

When you reached the Medbay, he opened a door and ushered you in. You looked around. It was still covered in blood and the occasional spot of bird poop. He placed you next to a cannon-looking thing and cleared his throat.

"Zhis is my Medigun. I use it in battle and in here for operations to heal you dummkopfs. If you stand still, nothing vill go wrong." He powered it on and a red beam emerged from the end towards you. Immediately, your aches and bruises healed along with your right arm. It was as if nothing happened to it. He powered it off and stepped towards you.

"U-um, thank you Medic. It feels as if nothing happened," you thanked him while bending your right elbow.

"It's my job. Now leave my Medbay."

"Right... Bye." You ignored his shortness and left back to your room.

You opened your computer to see no new messages. About five minutes later, you heard that familiar knock on the door again.

"Let us go. Maybe 'ou can finally do it," Spy told you through the door before you heard him walk away. I don't want to do this.

Reluctantly, you dragged yourself back towards the arena. As you walked in, you saw that Medic had arrived once more. You brushed past him and walked over to Spy. Putting on the Spy outfit and equipment, you waited for another round of bruising.

"There, now let's try this again. I'm going to turn around and 'ou're going to try stab me. Do it properly this time," he said turning around. You thought for a bit, thinking of different angles you haven't tried, but then it hit you. "What are 'ou doing? Waiting won't make it any eazier."

He finds me by hearing. Take that away from him and you have the advantage. Oh how did I not think of this?

You took out the revolver and shot at the floor around him. You cloaked and let the noise ring. Then, as quietly as possible, you came up to him, and stabbed him in the back of his heart. He shouted in surprise and crumpled.

You sighed in utmost relief at the corpse as it disappeared. You immediately switched back into your clothes and glanced at Medic. He seemed amused, but somewhat concerned. Whatever, I'm done. I just want my own time. You brushed past Medic yet again and jogged off to the living room. Scout was happy to hear how you beat Spy. Spy reluctantly congratulated you when he found you. You entertained Scout's antics until dinner came.