Chapter Fifteen

It turned out that Spy had cooked that night, but you couldn't properly thank him while Medic stared at you. It certainly didn't help the whole "He's giving me surgery and he hates me" problem. You gave glances to him, but his stare was unwavering, even while he talked to Heavy. You couldn't keep up with the conversation and you felt as if you were full. You got up, quickly put your dish in the dishwasher, and bid everyone goodnight while speeding to your room.

Closing the door behind you, you allowed yourself to finally shake in fear. You've never had surgery before, and you haven't done everything you wanted to do yet in case you didn't wake up. Am I really about to be faced with death? You slowly sat down at your desk to work a bit. Not that you enjoyed college prep work, but it always calms your nerves. Still, as you looked at the resources for a math concept, you realized you couldn't focus at all.

You shook a bit as you thought about dying, or rather never seeing anyone you cared about again. While you dressed for bed you slowly calmed down. You brushed your teeth and took a breath. You climbed into your bed and slowly drifted off into a shaky sleep.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

You awoke with a start from a rough banging on the door. You saw it was 2 AM and inwardly groaned.

"Hallooo~! Wakey wakey little baby. Don't vorry jou'll ve asleep soon!" Medic's voice rang through your drowsy head. Your eyes flashed open and you started to shake again. Gah! Stop! He'll think you're even more of a wimp! Get your head together! Where's logic, because you need to consider this. If he killed you, imagine the whiplash he'll get from The Administrator and Miss Pauling! You shook yourself, feeling slightly more awake, and opened the door like you were expecting him.

"Ah, there jou are frau! It's time for jour surgery so follow me to the Medbay," he said, walking quickly. You were stumbling a bit, but that was from waking up as early as you did. A bit of a way down the hall you decided to ask a question.

"May I ask a question Medic?" You looked up at the back of his head. He let out a slightly annoyed sigh.

"Jes, vhat is it?"

"Is me being tired helping you somehow?" He was silent for a second before answering.

"Jes having jou sleepy vill make the process quicker, but I need to to be quiet. You speaking is ruining mein fun, so stop before I lose my patience."

You said nothing more, your fear barely keeping you from rolling your eyes. Besides, you expected those answers anyway. When you reached the Medbay, he pushed open the doors like a king returning to his castle. He was acting more prideful than Scout, and that was a new record in your book. Something fluttered around your head and landed on your bedhead. You stiffened until you heard a "Coo" and bothered to look up. You saw a bunch of doves... like a lot of doves.

Fearing how you'd come off as to Medic, you simply kept walking. The entire place was covered in blood. Dried, old blood covered everything, even the ceiling somehow. You tried not to think about the things Medic did to the other mercs in here. Medic stopped by a dirty operating table and turned around. This isn't very sanitary to operate humans on.

"Gah! Archimedes, get out her filthy hair! It's unsanitary!" He had to bend down a bit to shoo the dove off your head while you stifled a snort. "Ugh, now. Get up on the table, take jour shirt off, and lie down. I vas told to give jou anesthesia. I consider it a disappointment, but no matter!"

"Wait, what? Is there a way to keep my shirt o-?" You tried to ask, speaking quickly. You had prepared for something like this and wore a sports bra under your night shirt, but it didn't mean you wanted it to happen.

"I don't care about jour little issues. Jou vill take jour shirt off and lay down so I can do the procedure," He snapped. You reluctantly took your night shirt off and laid it next to the operation table. You then hopped up and layed down. "Gud for jou, jou vore somezhing to keep jour decency. I vill haff to cut it down zhe side to get to jour heart, so I hope jou don't care for it."

"I-it's fine, I-" It turns out that he wasn't even listening to you, because he was on the other side of the room bringing over the anesthesia machine. You laid your head down on the table onto the dried blood and took a deep breath to attempt to calm your nerves. With barely a word, he hooked it up to you and turned it on.

"Now," Medic's voice was distant and his face was blurry, but you could still see that creepy smile. "Let's practice medicine." You were out.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

You slowly came to, opening your eyes and slowly adjusting to the brightness. You looked down. Though you could barely see it, you seemed to be hooked up to a standard hospital bed. You had a headache and closed your eyes again. When it finally went away, you slowly sat up. You were just on the other side of the room. The bed was cleaner, and as Medic had said, your bra was cut down the middle with stitches on your skin.

"Hey. I'm awake... somewhat," you called out, but your voice was hoarse and quiet. You laid back down. After who knows how much time passed, someone came to your left.

"Feeling better?" Medic asked. You opened your eyes.

"Yeah, erhm, what time is it?" You asked.

"It's 9 AM. Jour chip has been successfully installed, and Soldier keeps yelling for jou. It's very annoying."

"I'm not surprised. Did he say what he wanted?"

"Training."

"Oh, I figured."

"I haff no idea. Vell, jou'll be here for another thirty minutes until you can leave."

"Alright then."

"I haff nothing to do, so I'm remaining here to make sure you don't decide to respawn for jour first time." He grabbed a chair. Oh that's uncomfy.

"Okay. Um, well. I'm sorry for being a prick to you. That's not like me to hold a grudge that easily for something so stupid."

"Vhat for?"

"The arena battle- thing. It's stupid."

"Of course it is. I might not like jou, but I've seen how you battle. Jou aren't terrible."

"Heh, thanks."

You two just sat in silence after that until he unhooked you and handed you your shirt. You felt better, so you put it on and got up. Waving goodbye, you went to your room, avoiding Soldier and quickly getting dressed in your outfit.

When you walked back into the kitchen, Soldier jumped out at you and you yelped in surprise, smacking his arm with your mace. Despite the blood, he didn't seem to notice.

"What the heck man?" You shouted.

"FIRST RULE OF FIGHTING! Always be ready, soldier!" He shouted back, unfazed. He grabbed your hand and ran with you outside.

TeamFortress2's New AdditionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara