Forty Seven: The Throne

In the hall of Odin, erected on a platform of stairs, is Odin's throne in which he sits upon. From this room he can gaze out into the Nine Realms as he pleased through the eyes of his ravens, Hugin and Munin. Thought and memory. It is through them that he can spy on a lonesome girl or a fearsome warrior in battle. They are his eyes and ears and bring him all the gossip from the realms.

And as Loki entered the hall of his father that he gazed upon the throne and the two ravens perched there. They stare at him. Waiting. They twist their heads curiously. Loki carefully steps with Gungnir in his hand adorning his formal attire and helm. In his other arm is his wife. She clings to his arm and he steps slowly for her.

They enter as king and queen.

"I wonder what mother and father will say when they hear." said Sigyn, her eyes are on the throne.

"Hopefully, they will congratulate you." he replied. "And me. And hope for Thor's safe return and fathers awakening."

"This is only until he wakes up?"

Loki does not reply. "You are my queen now." they ascend the first steps. "And I have a duty to the realms." they reach the top and the throne of Odin is before them. Sigyn leaves her husbands arms as his eyes are lustfully set upon the the golden chair. He stepped forward, pivoting on his heel, he turns and sits in the chair.

He adjusted the spear in his hand and comfortably sat back in his fathers chair. Hugin and Munin caw in unison obeying the silent command of their King and they take flight disappearing into the skies. Only a select few spirits have been granted the capability of travelling between realms without using the Bifrost. Hugin and Munin. The mighty stead, Sleipnir. And the wolves of Odin, Geri and Freki - currently resting in Nornheim.

Loki takes in a breath as if sitting on the throne gave him new life. As the second son, he always knew he would never inherit the throne; unless an un-timely death would befall his father and then his brother... He looked at his wife and she said to him, "Do you feel a king?"

He nodded. "Yes." is his response. His eyes look past her. "I can see them... the ravens... they're on Midgard."

"What did you tell them?"

"To show me my brother."

"Then he is in the realm of mortals." said Sigyn. "Perhaps is was wise of Odin to send him there. They are much like us in a certain manner. If the Fates allow it, they will teach him to be wise or to change his barbaric ways."

"They have become weak. They do not worship us as they used to."

"Plenty still worship you, my love."

Loki smiled. "And it is only through me that they pray to you. What is mine, is yours." he held out his hand. Sigyn comes forward and slips her dainty hand into his. He coaxed her forward telling her to sit on the arm of the throne to rest her body.

"It cannot be your first decree to undo Odin's last command." she said to him. "You cannot undo your brothers banishment."

"I know." he said. "But I see him now as we speak."

"Where is he?"

"He has been taken in by a mortal..." he waved his hand dismissively. "woman." He hadn't known where Thor was sent when he was cast out or if he was alive. And like he expected the Mighty Thor is untouched. Lost in the mortal realm. Weakened without his powers or his titles he might as well be a mortal himself.

Sigyn cocked a brow. "Could it be alas? The mighty Thor stricken down not by his own stubbornness but by love?"

"I do not know." then he looked into her eyes. "Tell me, my love. How does it feel to be queen?"
"It feels normal." she replied, smiling. "As I am still by your side. Although, I do suspect this comes with more responsibility. It is what my mother prepared me for."