Six: Equine

Sigyn twirls in the mirror to view her backside. An elegant gold dress twisted around her legs. She views herself in the reflection, her mouth a thin line. She can see her sisters and mother in the reflection behind. She can feel all their eager eyes on her. Queen Frigga even came beside her, looking in the reflection. She kindly looked at Sigyn, seeing the half hearted look on her gentle features.

"What do you think?" she asked, softly.

"It's nice." Sigyn tried to say kindly.

All her handmaidens, even her sisters and mothers, and the Queen's handmaidens, all stood gathered in the large chamber where dozens of mannequins stood with beautiful and elegant dresses. The tailors stood anticipated with bundles of fabrics in their arms.

"But?" questioned Queen Frigga.

"It's too... simple." Sigyn turns to the Queen of Asgard. "I don't feel like it's me, or represents my home."

"I told you, girls." Freya announced, from the lounge. Forseti sits at her feet playing with wooden figures of warriors. Nanna siting on the lounge next to her. The tailors and all the handmaidens faltered. This was the third day off declining dresses and each day they tried to woo the princess with extravagant choices.

Nothing worked.

Queen Frigga nods, staring intently into the large mirror staged before them. "I agree." she said, firmly, clapping her hands together. "This is your wedding attire we are speaking about. What are your ideas?"

Sigyn continues to study the dress she was put in. "Oh, well. Since we are unifying Asgard and Vanaheim, should it not have aspects of both?"

"I like that idea!" Hnoss clapped excitedly. She sits with her sister on a seperate lounge to their mother. "It can be silver and gold!"

"But what about details." Argued Gersemi. "The aspects of the realms have to be in the details. That's what matters."

"It also has to look amazing." Nanna suggested. "It has to be the best dress in the history of our people, the best there ever was and best there ever will be."

"Yes," Freya rises. She wears a sheer gold dress that hangs from her shoulders, and drops down her back. Her long slender legs step out from cuts down the dress either side. It sparkles when she passes the rays of the sun. "This is a wedding to unify us. The dress must be the centre piece and it must represent what the occasion is about." she circles Sigyn, looking the dress up and down.

When Freya reached the back, she called over the tailors and they rushed over. "Sigyn, your thoughts?"

"I do like this fabric." Sigyn touches the golden tulle. "But, I want the cape to be a sheer drop. To show the back of the dress too. It should be gold..." she turns to the wall of fabric samples. She crosses over the large chamber and runs her hands over a few samples before picking. "This one." she takes out a metallic golden piece of fabric. "It has to be long too."

"How long, my Lady?" the head tailor asked. She was an older women with exquisite taste. Her greying hair was tide up dramatically on the top of her head so that it puffed out into rolls.

"How long can you make it?"

"As long as you like."

Sigyn looks at her feet. "In that case, I'll leave it up to you." she tells the tailors. They gasped in shock, looking at each other. The younger girls gave each other a smile. Sigyn comes back to the mirror. "The dress should be white with a double slit in the front."

"What about the top?" asked Queen Frigga, standing patiently.

"Gold breast plate with a plunge." suggested Sigyn. Her blue eyes are bright now. "That's all I know it should have. I'll leave the initial design to the tailors. I'm sure they are capable to conjure up a design that will represent Asgard and Vanaheim together."