Sixteen: Premonition

There's an arrow. Strangely carved from wood. It's just resting there. But the feeling radiating was the dense dread of death. So thick it was suffocating. The urge to kill. That - no matter - this arrow was going to cause havoc and unleash the anger of the Nine Realms. She see's it fly. But she doesn't know what it's mark is. It's intended for something... for someone.

Sigyn's hand leaves her brothers shoulder and she is stunned. The smile falls from her face and it's like the cold chill of death holds her in her place. She blinks. She can't seem to focus. The pink her cheeks fade. That awful feeling that overcame her just then...

"Are you alright, Siggy?" Sigvard turns to her in his seat. "You look like you've seen a ghost." he looks at her almost concerned. The entire royal family is staring at her.

Sigyn pushed for a smile. "Yes." she tells him. The faces of everyone are looking at her like she was a stranger to them. She quickly rushes around the table to find her seat beside Thor. Nanna to her other side. Her sister casts a look of worry.

"It's nothing, i'm fine." she assured them.

Nanna pushed for a nervous smile reaching for her utensil. She resumes her conversation with Baldur seated to her other side. She gives her sister a glance every now and then. Sigvard is staring intensely at her, his plate still empty. Thor tries to spark a conversation to which Sigyn only nods or hums in reply, not really paying attention. The table is dived into soft hums of voice and the occasional laugh when a joke is told. It isn't until supper got extended further with time that the voices got louder, the laughter boomed off the walls and Sigyn found herself catching the eyes of Baldur.

They lock for a moment. "Princess?" he said. Nanna turns with an upturned brow. "Are you sure you are alright?"

Thor's hand brushes her shoulder. "My Lady? You've barely eaten."

Sigyn blinks. "I had the strangest feeling before." she finally breaks contact with Baldur, with a deep sigh. "I'm not sure how to explain it." She looks at Thor with concern. His attention to her seemed to focus a little more when his hand covers hers. He brings her a sense of comfort and protection. The Mighty Thor, always so strong.

"Whatever it was I am sure it is nothing." he smiled at her. A bright warm smile that always seems to bring a sense of warmth and normality in this strange time.

"You're right." she replied.

"What you saw," Odin said, at the head of the table. "Was a vision." All eyes turned to the All-Father. "Wether it may come to light is unforeseeable. The Norns have blessed you with a chance."

Sigyn tilts her head to peer around Thor/s massive physic. "A chance for what?"

Odin shrugged. "To stop or change the outcome. What you have seen is for your eyes only. Tell no other." he demands. He brings his chalice to his lips taking a swig.

"Things like this are rare, child." Frigga added. "If what my husband says is true." she gives a look.

The excitement of this vision quickly spread around the table. Hnoss and Gersemi begged their sister to say what she saw. "I cannot recall." Sigyn says. "It was so strange, I am not sure what I saw. If anything, what I saw even made sense."

"They are not supposed to." Sigvard inputs.

"Was it a child?" Nanna questions, eyes wide.

"No!" Sigyn turns a deep red. Thor but laughs when Baldur gives him a pat on the shoulder behind their wives. "It was not a person. But, an object I have never seen."