Twenty Five: Valhalla's Gate

Sigyn saw it in her dreams again last night. Mysterious figures painted in glistening white. A place that seemed like Asgard but isn's really Asgard. This place was of purity and its brightness reminded her of times spent by the water where the sun reflected into your eyes. Gardens of flowers and trees as far as the eye could see. A wide space. The sky filled with burning galaxies and stars. This is a familiar place she has visited in her dreams before.

Tables of feasts fit for kings and his warriors laid before her. A hall erected around her suddenly and she was subject to an eternal party. These figures had no faces and are clad in armour. They danced and sung and feasted. She wondered if this was her future.

A hand slides over her shoulder and Sigyn spins to meet the person.

There was no one there.

She stood at the foot of two giant doors encrusted with golden knots. There is also a tree bearing golden apples and atop the structure stood a goat chewing away at the foliage of the tree. Liquid dripping from its udders. And at the doors stand two wolves guarding the way in or out. She knows their names. Geri and Freki. The ravenous and greedy ones.

When she opens her eyes she is met with the early morning and the day is peaceful. For a moment she feels a sense if serenity and calmness. As if she was just embraced by an ethereal warmness. She knows no one who has entered Valhalla besides her forefathers whomst she has never met. She lays between her silk sheets and she can feel the sheerness against her skin.

There is breathing beside her.

And then she remembers.

Sigyn turns softly to not disturb him and surely it was real. Loki lay beside her in her sheets. She can't help but admire his soft features and her fingers trail his jawline until they reach his lips. Bruised. She remembers the way he kissed her across her skin - her mouth. She could study him as he was forever. She remembers the way he held her, caressed her, the way his hands held her body so gently and close.

With the love she feels when she looks at him Sigyn feels that each time she steps into Valhalla.

He moves following the caress of her hand and Loki turns. His eyes blink open and the moment he sees her beside him in all her glory, he smiles. "My love." he greeted. His own hand reaching up to take hers. "Did you sleep well?" he asked softly.

"I did." she replied.

He brings her hand to his mouth where he lays a gentle and warm kiss. Happy to be the one to wake beside her. "Good. It is what I want forever." This coaxed a small giggle from Sigyn.

They forget the importance of today.

Loki turns so that he is facing Sigyn. He admires her for a moment. The way the gold reflected the sun into her blue eyes. The way it bounced off her silk skin. What a lovely morning, he thinks. Another glorious day in Asgard and he might just be the most blessed. "I love you, Siggy."

A smile comes to Sigyn's face and she beams as bright as the suns of Asgard. "As do I."

Then Loki's smile faded. "Sigyn. How do you feel about all this?" he questioned, gesturing to the room around them.

"What do you mean? I feel wonderful."

"As do I. Truely." he began. "I meant our arrangement. It breaks my heart that I cannot be with you properly."

He eyes drifted away.

"And I want nothing more. But tomorrow is..." Loki trails off, his hand falling back into the sheets with a thud. "You are betrothed to my brother and I don't think..."