Thirty Six: Coronation

69 years passing.

Directly beneath Asgard's throne room is a gloomy lit golden hall. Red banners barring Asgard's seal hang from the high ceilings in tight quarters lining the long corridor. At the centre is a fire brasier where embers flickered upwards. There is the faint sound of a crowd gathering and a single servant holding a cup tray.

Two large doors swing open and bounce back with the force they were opened. A large figure strides into the hall taking a chalice from the tray and downing the drink in one go as if his day was about to get even better. "Another!" he hurled the chalice across the hall into the fire brasier and flames roared up before flickering down again.

The flames illuminated the face of Prince Thor, God of Thunder. He twirled his hammer in his right hand skipping down the steps and striding to the other side of the brasier.

Loki's shadow played along the red banners as Thor approached. The horned shadow moves gracefully, shrinking down and Loki appeared behind the curtain. He smiled with a tight grin at his brother. Both Prince's adorned their ceremonial attire and respective helmets. He moves to stand side by side his brother.

Loki looked at Thor. "Nervous, brother?" he questioned.

Thor laughed loudly. "Have you ever known me to be nervous." he fired back, loudly.

"Oh, well, there was that one time in Nornheim." recalled Loki, eyes thinking forward.

"That was not nerves, brother." exclaimed Thor, with a proud fist. "That was the rage of battle!"

Loki nodded. "Ah, I see."

"How else could I have fought my way through a hundred warriors! Before Sigvard could - keep in mind, and pulled us out alive?"

Loki pursed his lips. "As I recall, I was the one who veiled us into smoke to ease our escape." he reminded his brother. Thor roared with laughter and Loki's voice was drowned out.

"Yes, some do battle, others just do tricks."

The servant standing by them, laughed. Loki's attention turned to the chuckling servant. He averted his eyes, biting his lip. He gestured his hand towards the goblets on the servants tray. Snakes crawled their way up and out from the inside of the cups as if the liquid inside turned. They hissed and commended their way down to the tray. The servant yelps with surprise and the tray falls from his hand as he stumbles away from the snakes.

The dishes hit the golden ground with loud clanks. The chalices lay discarded and the wine was just that. Spilled across the floor. "Loki." sighed Thor. "Now that was just a waste of good wine." he flailed his hand at the spillage as if they would pick themselves up ready to be drank.

"Oh, it was just a bit of fun."

The same doors open and Loki turns quickly. He see's his wife's maiden open the door and she steps through. His eyes are on her the entire time that she glides towards them her smile getting bigger. "Now," she scolded. "I think that is enough torture." Sigyn extended her hand out, slipping it into Loki's extended hand to receive her.

He pulls her in kissing her hand. "My love." he greeted. "It has merely been two hours and my heart aches for you already."

"I don't think there is a need to terrify the poor servants." she said to him.

He laughed. "Poor?" he looked at the servant. "They get enough food to fill their fat bellies." and Thor laughed at that. Sigyn slapped Loki's arm shooting him a warning.

"Did I mention you look ravishing?" he says, peering down Sigyn's dress.

"Three times this morning."