Varun: " Sir. I apologize for my delay."

    He smiled and said, " today. You can." He clasped both of his hands and said, " Today our mission has become a great success. Congratulations to yourl. Malik is dead and his whole web filled with gangsters is burned into ashes. "

    He proceeded with the further details and ended the talk.

     All others dismissed leaving Varun and Kulkarni standing there.

    Their chief patted Varun's shoulder in pride. Varun stood still with blank expression, his chin raised up.

    " I'm satisfied with your work. Miss Kiara D'souza did her job well with  perfect precision. "

     He took a glance at Kulkarni and turned back to Varun.

    " Firstly, when you proposed this plan to me, I wasn't sure that she will make it or not. You turned my doubt into confidence. "

   He shakes hand with Kulkarni who accept it with a small smile. 

    " Congratulations Officer, the team worked well under your guidance. "

  Kulkarni nodded having a small glance of Varun who stood there expressionless.  He wanted to see a frowning face of Varun but got nothing.

    The door opens for one more time and there comes in a man with casual clothes, wearing plain white shirt and black pants with black spectacles and a blue coloured file in between his hand and waist.

        His lips forming a plane horizontal line, Face blank.

     " We were waiting for you Ajay. " He said.
     Ajay walks and stand in front of their general.
   " Some paperwork nothing much." Ajay replied. He handover the files to the general.
  General turns to face Varun and handover the file to him, " we cannot organise a big ceremony to felicitate Kiara as we cannot let this out to public.

    But I have something in return. The murder charges on her are removed. It's proved that she wasn't behind those murders and talking about Mr. Steven Cullen. He is alive and he don't want to complain against Kiara. It can be shown that it was a mistake or a misunderstanding as well as we will also her name is not involved in the theft that happened that night.

        Kiara is free to return her country with pride not guilt. "

     Varun gives a genuine smile thanking him but Kulkarni frowns.
Kulkarni: " what about Mr. Rehnish's murder case ? She is guilty of killing a civilian."

   Ajay grinned and replied, " I had a talk with Kabir and Rose a few weeks ago and that meeting proved to bring fruitful for Kiara. "

   His head shifted to his General, " Rehnish was a rapist and as per our constitution a girl can kill the person in her defense."

  Kulkarni clenched his jaw and argued, " but only when she is being raped. Not after years of that event being passed. In her prosecution, I will say that she could have filed a complain against him and let the police handle the situation. She had no rights to take this in her hands ad well as we are not sure that he actually did that with her. Maybe it's a fake story to prevent her from getting behind the bars."

     Varun's face turned orange but he kept quiet.
    Ajay smirked folding his arms.
Ajay: " if you want proof then Sir, the night when that incident took place. Rehnish's driver and watchman was present there but their bags were filled with green leaves to keep their mouths shut.

          Money helped in hiding Rehnish's sin but not forever."

Kulkarni: " what if they too are bribed to say against Rehnish ? "